The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you with the DPF Delete, what kind of mileage are you getting, how many miles are on your truck, what is the latest update you have, and what other mods are on your truck. I bought my truck new in October and started out around 10mpg. At around 12000 miles the mileage really started to climb to a consistent 18 on the highway and around 14-15 in town. I am starting to doubt the necessity of the DPF delete given the drawbacks. My truck is mostly stock for performance except for the superchip flashpaq. I have had no updates since I bought the truck, but was told i need the AX and G-30. Sooo, will it help enough to justify the loss of warranty? I am really starting to like my truck having had buyers remorse coming from a ford lariat.

·
61 Posts
My in town driving I was always in regen so my mileage was really bad!! 10-11!! On the hwy it was around 14. I live in a mountain state that is 4000ft and windy with hills everywhere! Now that I have the delete with no regen. My in town mileage went to a solid 14 and hwy went to 16-17 pulling my trailer when from 11 to 13.5

·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks icon2u. Apparently no one else has one.

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
I may not own a Dodge, but I am glad someone figured out a DPF delete for these trucks! I had not heard of a delete for Cummins. Sorry to Hijack your thread for a moment there.

Tony

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have 25000 miles on mine. I have the following: edge/attitude, MP8, S&B cold air, 5" turbo back exhaust and average 21.2 mpg empty and 10-13 pulling 24 000 lb.

·
61 Posts
I heard that once you stack the MP-8 on the edge with the delete you really go up in milage

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Can you stack the MP8 with the Edge on the 5.9??

·
85 Posts
21.2 mpg in a dually 4x4 mega cab has to be a record for any truck brand, is that hand calculated?:bow:

·
61 Posts
BriteWhiteRam said:
Can you stack the MP8 with the Edge on the 5.9??
Not sure??

·
Registered
129 Posts
scooch said:
21.2 mpg in a dually 4x4 mega cab has to be a record for any truck brand, is that hand calculated?:bow:
WHAT HE SAID!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sorry Boys, been out of town for a while. Yes, that is hand calculated. The overhead read 24.3. My loving wife who jokes about her Tahoe getting better mileage had to sit through a 1800 mile trip, watching my calculations and hearing my joy....constantly. The mileage for a 4x4 dually is great, but still not the highest as there are a few of us with similar mods and they are slightly ahead of me. When I get rid of the EGR, I am expecting even better mileage.
Forgot to add that it is a Qaud cab.

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey that is good news i would like to do a dpf delete on my 08 6.7. I could not care less about warranty if sounds like a 5.9 with tbe. what does the 6.7 sound like with on dpf and a performance muffer

·
Registered
54 Posts
Still very quite. It has a real low throart roar when you get on it. Look up on u tube for sound videos.

·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Since the forecast is for diesel to go to 4.00 per gallon by summer, I'm at the point where I need to get the dpf delete or trade to Toyota gasser. If I could gain 4mpg it would save me well over a hundred a month.

·
242 Posts
don't mean ruin the thread but i'm thinking about doing the dpf delete once my warranty runs out. how complicated is it or what do i have to do and where to get everything?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Go to www.badptrucks.com for the delete and anything else you need. These guys are great and have an unquestionable service record.
Simply unbolt your system, loosen the crossmember, and remove and install. A few hours with a set of extra hands.

·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, I couldn't stand it and ordered my DPF delete today. Went with the 4" delete only, no downpipe or other. Should be in by next Wednesday.

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
Derekj said:
Sorry Boys, been out of town for a while. Yes, that is hand calculated. The overhead read 24.3. My loving wife who jokes about her Tahoe getting better mileage had to sit through a 1800 mile trip, watching my calculations and hearing my joy....constantly. The mileage for a 4x4 dually is great, but still not the highest as there are a few of us with similar mods and they are slightly ahead of me. When I get rid of the EGR, I am expecting even better mileage.
Forgot to add that it is a Qaud cab.
I haven't heard or seen any truck regardless of brand or generation getting that kind of mileage. you should consider yourself VERY LUCKY!

·
26 Posts
aggie00 said:
Well, I couldn't stand it and ordered my DPF delete today. Went with the 4" delete only, no downpipe or other. Should be in by next Wednesday.
Just so you know. Without an Edge Insight or Attitude you can expect to get a check engine light and overhead cat full message, unless they now have a code free kit.
Installed my kit 2 weeks ago. Get codes and messages within a few miles if I do not do a clear codes before start. If I clear before start up all is good and MPG has gone up about 20%.

·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
rbisch said:
Just so you know. Without an Edge Insight or Attitude you can expect to get a check engine light and overhead cat full message, unless they now have a code free kit.
Installed my kit 2 weeks ago. Get codes and messages within a few miles if I do not do a clear codes before start. If I clear before start up all is good and MPG has gone up about 20%.
Thanks, but that wouldn't be any different than what I have now. I'm sure they would figure it out sooner or later.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts