The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How well do thes billet oil and fuel filter caps work, im thinking about bidding on some off of e-bay with 1/8 NPT fitting on the top of them to run guages as well. Also seen some for the oil filler and filter with the NPT fitting so you can run a secondary filter are those worth the money or just restrict oil flow.

·
Registered
29 Posts
To answer your question regarding the secondary oil filter, it is what you consider a Bypass system. Basically a small amount of oil runs to the secondary or bypass filter for super clean oil, normally they filter under 5 micron. It's a good system and will not affect your oil pressure at all being that the system has a restrictor to limit the oil flow.

I wish Ford would give you the option of a Factory bypass filter as an accessory or just install them at the factory and add $200 to the sales price.

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
I am running a billet fuel cap right now and am getting ready to add a oil filter cap as soon as I get some more fittings so I can install a bypass filter. You might want to contact Elite Diesel or Dj's performance on the price of there new billet caps...

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
gobigorgohome... The ones that we will be stocking DJ has looked over and said that they are nice units. I should have some too very soon so I can let you know on fitment too. If HH and DJ both say that they are good then I wouldn't sweet them too much. I don't know if the ones on Ebay are the same though. Let us know if we can be of any assistance.

·
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks ill look into it, i won the kit off ebay comes with oil filler cap and oil filter cap with NPT threads on top and a bracket to install the second filter on the side of the alternator. $127 pretty good deal i thought, ill just get the AN fittings and make lines at work. DJ.... do you guys sell the fuel filter cap?

·
Registered
26 Posts
i bought the oil and the fuel cap. the oil cap leaked oil. i did not notice it after i put it on, but i drove the truck down the road a coupe of miles and and oil was everywhere. i took the cap off and looked to see if i cut the o-ring, but it fine. i call the company , and sent it back they are going to send me another one to try. anyone else have this problem? i bought it for a pre-luber setup.

·
1,252 Posts
Give me a few minutes and I'll post some pictures. They will be available within the next two weeks. The ones I have are black anodized but future ones will be clear coated. I'm sending these to CBSuperduty tomorrow so he can give us his honest opinion.

Thanks,
Vivian

·
2,821 Posts
Will the Oil Cap also work for the frame mounted Fuel Filter? I know that it uses the same size socket. Just a thought. Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts