The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
BLING BLING
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Looking at getting a set of bilsteins for the the front and was wondering what you guys suggested. I like the 5150s and the price is pretty fair for them but is the piggyback necessary? I wheel the truck once a month about but other than that I am on the expressways a ton. I was looking at options for them and didnt know what valving and how much travel I needed. I have a 6" lift on the truck. Any advice helps. Thanks Ryan

·
Built not bought...
72 Posts
Im pretty sure a 4.5" kit takes 10" travel shocks in the front and 12" out back, so I would think a 6" kit uses 12" travel shocks in the front. 2inches more in the rear. The 5100s are what most people use. But the 5150 with the mini piggyback will have more oil inside to help prevent it from fadding when being used harder. More oil keeps it cooler on rough roads over extended periods. Even rough highways. Valving is prob a question for a suspension shop. They have lists they can go by from Belstein, according to ur truck. I hear the 7100s are awsome also. Hope this helped alittle.

·
TDG MAFIA
1,270 Posts
I have the 5100s and love them I dont take mine off road to heavy but It does see its fair share of dirt time and have yet to see any problem out of mine

·
BLING BLING
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks S10. Im gonna be going with the eye to eye bracket so Ill be using a shock for a 4" lift so your first lengths will work.
Harley- Think im gonna go with the 5100s. The rezi looks cool and functions good but like you dont wheel my truck to hard. Sand dunes and two tracks is all I see. Plus the price is right.

·
1,606 Posts
I love my 5100's! The only Off Road my truck see's are Construction Sites, but on road, the ride is GREAT!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts