The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If i get a chip or programmer will my 1994 psd blow black smoke with stock injectors?

·
862 Posts
Not much, you have tiny little injectors.

Also, smoke does not necessarily equal power. It might be fun at first, but it gets old fast. Plus if you are smoking like a freight train all the time, good bet your EGT's are sky high and you can't do anything with your truck.

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i didnt know that im knew to the whole diesel thing so abt how much would a little bit bigger injectors be i just want to be able to blow black smoke every once in a while.

·
Mod Friendly Title
2,695 Posts
$1500ish for injectors, $400 for a tuner, and $300 for gauges. You NEED gauges.

Reactions: BEHR2010

·
20 Posts
I afree you do need gauges to monitor what your engine is doing...especially if you are towing. Just dont cloud out cops with smoke they dont like that...lol I am on my second "excessive smoke" ticket.

·
TDG Rocks!
393 Posts
Nice... I have three "Noise Ordnance Violations"

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
Nice... I have three "Noise Ordnance Violations"
i have thise in stock for ya

its 12" long so its a half muffler nice sound not quiet but a nice tone more wistle out of the turbo

·
Mod Friendly Title
2,695 Posts
Steve, what size inlet is that?

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
Steve, what size inlet is that?
zack its a 5"x 12" long took the drone out and some of the roar but im very happy with it. not much change @idle but nice to be able to talk with the windows down. sure did make the turbo wistle nice:thumbsup i can get them in 6" 12" 18" 24" lenths

·
TDG Rocks!
393 Posts
um my noise came from inside the cab. IE 2 12' Pioneer SPL 2000w comp subs and Audiobahn 5k watt amp in my old 98 pathfinder i had right after high school... The stroker is quite i have the MBRP 4"aluminized kit im ready to put the test pipe on now!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts