The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
aka Stroked X
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning i installed the Banks Big Head Actuator, took it for a test drive, wow made a big differnce held the boost up at 32lbs on my 80hp setting on my chip. came back to the shop looked and saw coolent leaking everywhere. Blew a head gasket.

now that i have to replace it i will go with the ARP head studs and head gasket.
or is there any other brands that are better and where is the best prices on these? Diesel Innovations, Black Widow, WOP??

Sukhi

·
4,024 Posts
I used WOP for the 7.3 studs. Got fireringed heads from BTS

·
6,337 Posts
strokin said:
This morning i installed the Banks Big Head Actuator, took it for a test drive, wow made a big differnce held the boost up at 32lbs on my 80hp setting on my chip. came back to the shop looked and saw coolent leaking everywhere. Blew a head gasket.

now that i have to replace it i will go with the ARP head studs and head gasket.
or is there any other brands that are better and where is the best prices on these? Diesel Innovations, Black Widow, WOP??

Sukhi

I dont see how you could have blown the heads at 32#'s boost? Thats really low boost to loose a head gasket? Do you plan on injectors? I see no need for fire rings... just studs if your going to do it... I am pushing 38#'s with my set up and no worrys...

·
aka Stroked X
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes i have maxed out my boost gauge before. but after i installed the actuator rod, i took it for a test drive and when i came back on the passenger side front of the engine it was a stream of coolant coming from right under the head.

Sukhi

·
6,337 Posts
No white smoke? Check the oil... I'm not saying its not possable... I just have never heard of it...

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
38#'s ????

I really need to wire my wastegate shut and see what it's got.
My max so far is 27psi :shrug:

·
Destroked
1,658 Posts
Ive pushed mine to 38-40 lbs many times and no problems.....:popcorn: Check your heater hoses for any cracks.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Cometic makes some pretty awesome head gaskets. Swamps sells them and has got some choices in thickness for you super-boosters

1 - 9 of 9 Posts