The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just accuired a dmax block, and one complete cylinder head. a buddy gave it to me to get it out of his way. where on the block and head should i look to see what i have?

thanks again for the help
ray

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
thanks for the bulliten. the block isnt remanufactured, its a brand new perfect block that was used for inspection. i just want to know what it is

thanks again
Do you have any pics of the block and heads, Also if you could get the vin from he person that you giot it from that would help I only need the last 8.

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
the motor didnt come out of a truck. it was an inspection block from dmax. what should i get a pic of?
Take a pic of the valve covers turbo driver side of the block around the front area were the motor mounts are also a pic of the pass side any scan bars or stickers with build #'s with that I can give get close to telling you what year it is. I think there is still a part of a vin # that is used for the build on the motor even if its not installed on the motors that we build at the plant I work at we etch the number around the starter area on the block looks like a bunch of dotted numbers.

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
Will kinda have some numbers like this but will so better in the gm spec area if you find me something to work with in the pic's.HTML's are off here so it will look werd.

Vehicle Component Component Code : 10 - ENGINE ASSEMBLY Source Plant : R - CPC MORAINE,OH Part/Num Broadcast : YBN Traceability : 1098336 Date Scanned : 10/25/2007 Time Scanned : 19.26.00 Scan Station : 01

1 - 7 of 7 Posts