The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sleddin' in Grand Lake, CO and my neighbor here down the hall in the lodge is having what appears to be gelling issues on his '07 Duramax and it won't start. He said he believes the truck came out of AZ and doesn't appear to have a block heater. Could that be true? I'm not sure what motor he's got in it but does anybody know if they all do have block heaters and if so, where is it located? I read on the '07.5+ forum that they are located under the fuel filter and are zip tied. He only said his is an '07 so I'm not 100% on what he's got under the hood.

Even though I drive a Ford :D... I figured I'd try and help a guy out - no better place to ask then TDG. Thanks!

·
3,939 Posts
Its ziptied to the wiring harness, located just below the coolant overflow bottle. You can see it better if you remove the wheel well liner first.

As for gelling, he'll probably have to change out his fuel filter. Block heater wont help with gelled fuel.

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
gelled fuel hasn't been in pumps since October. I would say he got a bad tank of fuel or non-winterized fuel. Has nothing to do with brand of truck or lack of block heater.

·
Euro Sparky/ Wrencher
1,065 Posts
I know normally I don't useally go into this secton however I feel this info will worth something along the way.

The block heater is standard for 10 cold states and most of Canada area for other area may not have cord for block heater or none in there.

This not only affect the GM line but it will affect other manufacters as well.

How I did found out ? by accident when I was looking up *RPO on cold weather package.

The block heater is RPO on gasoline engine as well.

Merci,Marc

{*RPO = Regualar Production Option }

1 - 5 of 5 Posts