The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Banned
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the new 6.4 have some sort of blow off system and if not would I benifit from installing one thanks

·
BLING BLING
636 Posts
It does not have a blow off set up on it. I will have some pics of it installed later next week. It takes the stress of the turbo shafts and stops the turbo wheels from stopping.

·
Banned
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does not have a blow off set up on it. I will have some pics of it installed later next week. It takes the stress of the turbo shafts and stops the turbo wheels from stopping.
is this a cheap part and how involved is the install thanks alot

·
2,183 Posts
I'm curious also

·
BLING BLING
636 Posts
$660 and it is pretty easy to install. Just getting your intercooler tube drilled for boost and welding the bung that the BOV sits on to the intercooler tube. Then some wiring. Pretty simple.

Reactions: crosstx

·
Registered
639 Posts
$660 and it is pretty easy to install. Just getting your intercooler tube drilled for boost and welding the bung that the BOV sits on to the intercooler tube. Then some wiring. Pretty simple.
If you spent $660 to install a BOV you overpaid. Unless I am assuming for yoru sake you have a $500 BOV and $160 into labor.

·
BLING BLING
636 Posts
Nope I paid 660 shipped. Comes with the BOV, lines, Boost reader block and electronic piece to tune it to your TPS and truck. What kit are you talking about path? This is made by BD diesel.

·
Banned
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was thinking about a a vacuum operated style BOV that jsut opens under vacuum with no need for electronics

·
2,183 Posts
This helps release the pressure from the system when you let of the throttle really quick. It's so you don't hurt your turbos I believe

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
hmmm...
maybe everyone shop around and look into BOV's and come up w/ the best setup and try and get a group purchse going:thumbsup

·
568 Posts
This helps release the pressure from the system when you let of the throttle really quick. It's so you don't hurt your turbos I believe

Yes. It will stop the so called "turbo fart" that so many talk about on here. When you let off the throttle after hard acceleration/boost the air has no where to go except back through the turbo. This is hard on parts (turbo bearings, etc). The BOV will release it instead of it backing out the turbo. It will also add the psshhhhhh sound that you may or may not have seen on movies such as fast and the furious.

Im sure if you called Turbonetics they'd be able to set you right up for under $500. Maybe try Precision Turbo also. They dont show them on their website but might be a good place to call. They are big in the drag racing world.

·
HalfAst Racing
456 Posts
the psssshhhh sound,my dog has one of those

·
568 Posts

·
160 Posts
BDs website has a kit dunno what it cost but its under turbo guard. I have this set up on my truck, although mine is a 6L I don't see why it won't work. The BOV in the BD kit is a Tial (50 mm) kit is super easy to install.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
So is this a do it in your drive way with hand tools job?

·
Team White
727 Posts
I know alot of them you would need to weld a bung into the piping but maybe this one is different.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts