The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I found a place where I can get a Tial 50mm for $225. is this a good blow off valve and a good deal?

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Hey guys I found a place where I can get a Tial 50mm for $225. is this a good blow off valve and a good deal?
If you really want a Blow off valve then get one from dfuser. A complete BD BOV will set you back $600+.

·
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thought I got lucky and foudn the whole set up that cheap. I'd rather wait for new turbos w/ a waste gate instead of blowin 600 on a BOV.

thanks guys

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have seen you refer to that before...an BOV and wastegate are 2 seperate things....the wastegate relieves pressure on the exhaust side, the BOV relieves pressure on the intake side keeping the air from going back through the compressor.

·
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh I had it in my head that it was one or the other. thanks for clearin that up

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
So a turbo with a wastegate can or can not have a BOV on it?

·
Registered
639 Posts
You can have both.

On my Mustang I have both a wastegate with a specific spring...set to relieve pressure at a certain PSI...this keeps boost from going too high, and I have a wastegate set to open when you let off the throttle.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
You mean a BOV when you let off the throttle? But i get what your saying.

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
You mean a BOV when you let off the throttle? But i get what your saying.
yea im sure thats what he meant to say, he not that smart:haha

·
Ultra Member
652 Posts
Pahrump, my brother just bought like a 94 mustang with the 5.0. Got any go fast parts for him?

·
Ultra Member
652 Posts
Oh I thought you had a 5.0, not the mod motor. He was dead set against having a mod motor.

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
they seam to flow some more air easily over a 5.0 dont know much about them, i got a 2valve 4.6 in my shop, out of a continental, i think its going to end up in th junk yard, dont think they are worth a chit.

But i also got a 93 mustang lx convertable, run way better than the 4cylinder thats in it now:thumbsup

1 - 20 of 32 Posts