The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im still working on getting my truck back and right after my accident and Im having a little trouble.....

I replaced the intercooler with a Spearco and also the dieselsite boots....

I have now blown the same boot 3 seperate times....
I think its cold side, its the one under the truck driver side connected to the intercooler and the pipe going up.
I clean then reattach and it keeps blowing right off at around 46psi

I have found that there is alot of oil in the tube, Is this normal? Its not dripping out but its pretty close to dripping.
What shall I do? I thought to double clamp but I dont see enough room on the portion that keeps blowing off.
The tube portion going to the turbo is the one that keeps coming off.

Would doing the physical EGR block off plates help this?

I also got the P2263 Turbo/Super Charger Boost System Performance code. Is this because the blown boot? Just wanna make sure its not anything else.

Any recommendations are welcome!
Thanks.

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts

·
278 Posts
Yeah the hairspray works to keep them on but now that I can keep them on they are tearing. These are the diesel site boots as well. I am at a loss the dealer says nothing is wrong with the truck they have tested for everything etc. I guess I just have tow with the stock tune no regen which sucks because it is half the power but I either go 50 up the hill or go 70 and have to pull over half way to change a boot out. Very frusturating not sure what to do.

Bob from diesel site has been very helpful and I do not think it is a boot issue but I have no idea what the problem is. My buddy also had his blowing off in the begining we used hairspray and tighten them. He has yet to blow anymore off however he does not pull the loads I pull.

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Get rid of the Crack case venting into the air system to remove any oil... that will also help..

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts
Get rid of the Crack case venting into the air system to remove any oil... that will also help..
Totally agree!!!! When mine blew off, it came loose at the turbo, and blew oil all over the inside of the hood. What a pain in the butt to clean. After I reinstalled them, I used the old clamps and also the one's that came with the boot set.....

·
Registered
270 Posts
Out of about 15 blown boot complaints, all but one have been with the Diesel Site boots.

Not beating on anyone from DS, but I don't see these boots performing well at all. The ones I have seen have no internal rubber locking ring to secure them to the tubing.

In the event that a stock one fails, I would replace it with another stock one. We see damn nearly 70psi with a 200hp shot of nitrous on the test truck and haven't failed a stock one yet.

At the boost levels these trucks push, no boot is going to last forever- especially when subject to the very high heat levels on the hot side of the chargers.

·
499 Posts
Out of about 15 blown boot complaints, all but one have been with the Diesel Site boots.

Not beating on anyone from DS, but I don't see these boots performing well at all. The ones I have seen have no internal rubber locking ring to secure them to the tubing.

In the event that a stock one fails, I would replace it with another stock one. We see damn nearly 70psi with a 200hp shot of nitrous on the test truck and haven't failed a stock one yet.

At the boost levels these trucks push, no boot is going to last forever- especially when subject to the very high heat levels on the hot side of the chargers.

dang almost 70 psi and 200 nos, i bet that thing screams, have you dont anymore testing on the new tune yet.

·
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats what I needed to hear.
I tried the aquanet after cleaning with break cleaner today and blew it off twice. I then gave up for the day.....
called ford and ordered a new boot and a new tube just because...
So both will be in Friday and Ill update to let you guys know how it turns out.

Thanks fellers!

·
Super *********
305 Posts
For Sale One set of Dieselsite Boots, Not installed yet! Make and Offer!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts