The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the Redline box???? if so how well do you like it? From my understanding it does everything you can possibly want to do to the VP pump. Someone told me you can set it up to fuel up to 4000 rpms. How does the VP handle that kind of abuse??? I am really thinking about ditching the smarty idea and going with the redline keep the edge for the monitor and calling it quits on the electronic side of things.

B

·
0 Posts
Edge and Smarty stacked together will do everything you can do with the Edge/Redline plus you have all the features the Smarty offers. I have heard the Redline box is very, very, very touchy when it comes to the throttle.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i have a redline on my 02 and i love it!!!! I had a TST drag comp ( before it was stolen ) before and it was powerful but the redline gives you RPM's and sled pulling you need rpms. my tst would make my turbo bark if you if got out of the throttle to fast, the redline dont. I now have one the best runnin stock turbo trucks around!!!

·
Mafia #42
3,646 Posts
I heard they aren't the greatest on the street tho.

·
706 Posts
The redline is a racing/sled pulling box.IMO,it has no equal for all out performance.If you want it for the street,Id get a different box to run on the street,and turn it off to race,turn on the blue chip,thats what my friend does.
Remember,the Redline box bypasses everything and fuels off the TPS to 4075RPM,and pops like a gasser at that redline,instead of gently defueling,you have full hp to 4075RPM.That is why it isnt a street box,its got a hiccup as it goes off the PCM/ECM,and onto the redline box around 2000RPM or so.I do not think the smarty can rev that high.

·
411 Posts
The Smarty will take the revlimiter off, you will need the fuel to push the truck to 4,000rpms though. That is also not a good idea unless you have upgraded the valve train to handle the RPM's. A good set of HD valve springs is where I would start before pushing a 24valve to 4,000rpms very frequently.

DB

·
67 Posts
Dittio on whats been said , I sold my RD in favor of a TST comp just cause of street manors and even with it stacked with a smarty I can push over 4k but the TST still defuels after 3500 (boost falls rpms still slowly climb ) if they can make the smarty fuel like the TST or basicly any good wire tapped box it would b nice , I now wish I kept my RD as my mods have changed and I hit the 3500 barrier down the track.. THERE is a new box being beta tested and I do have a hand in what they can do so I'm going to try and get it to fuel to 4k +

1 - 8 of 8 Posts