The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking on getting bmf novacanes 20-10. Does any one know or have picture how much they stick out past the fander? I want them to stick out cause I have the bushwackers on. Want some wheelsto be out a bit or at list level with. Fender flares. Thanks guys.

·
7 Posts
Hi Puma318,

The stock offset on 2008-2010 Super Duties is +40mm (6.07" BS).

The 20x10 BMF Novakane has a -19mm offset (4.75" BS), meaning the wheel will stick out an additional 3.32" compared to the stock wheel.

If we also add a wider tire, for instance 37x13.50R20 Toyo MT compared to a 275/70R18 stock tire, you will net an additional 0.34", meaning the tire will stick out a total of 3.66" beyond the stock tire.

·
1,570 Posts
Hi Puma318,

The stock offset on 2008-2010 Super Duties is +40mm (6.07" BS).

The 20x10 BMF Novakane has a -19mm offset (4.75" BS), meaning the wheel will stick out an additional 3.32" compared to the stock wheel.

If we also add a wider tire, for instance 37x13.50R20 Toyo MT compared to a 275/70R18 stock tire, you will net an additional 0.34", meaning the tire will stick out a total of 3.66" beyond the stock tire.
The offset difference accounts for 2.32" difference, not 3.32". With a wider tire you could be sticking out past the flares. Some like the look, but I prefer to keep mud, rocks, and road tar off the sides of my truck.

·
7 Posts
Hi Cartmanea,

The inside lip of the wheel is pushed out 1.32" by the reduced BS (6.07" stock - 4.75" BMF = 1.32").

In addition, the Novakane is 2" wider (10" BMF - 8" stock = 2").

Combining these results in an outer lip that is 3.32" outboard of the stock wheel.

How far the tire will stick out relative to the fender flares depends on which Bushwackers the OP is running:

• Street Flares add ¾" of tire coverage
  • OE FLares add 1½" of tire coverage
  • Pocket Flares add 2¼ of tire coverage

·
1,570 Posts
Hi Cartmanea,

The inside lip of the wheel is pushed out 1.32" by the reduced BS (6.07" stock - 4.75" BMF = 1.32").

In addition, the Novakane is 2" wider (10" BMF - 8" stock = 2").

Combining these results in an outer lip that is 3.32" outboard of the stock wheel.

How far the tire will stick out relative to the fender flares depends on which Bushwackers the OP is running:

• Street Flares add ¾" of tire coverage
  • OE FLares add 1½" of tire coverage
  • Pocket Flares add 2¼ of tire coverage
Ok, you were talking the position of the out lip. I don't understand why people go by that. Using only the offset will tell you how far the center moves, and thus how far the center of the tire moves out. That tells you the real tire position. Using the outer lip position, how far the tire sticks out will be dependent on wheel width and tire width in addition to wheel position.

If you want to know how far the new tires will stick out, use (offset change/25.4) plus the increase in tire wide divided by 2.

·
7 Posts
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I was only going off of the OP's original question:
Does any one know or have picture how much they stick out ...
The offset difference is only 1.32" (6.07" - 4.75") not 2.32", but you are absolutely correct that wheel position, width, and tire width all affect tire position. The OP gave us two of those, but I did have to make an assumption on the tire width to answer his question.

(offset change/25.4) plus the increase in tire wide divided by 2.
This is definitely the cleanest way to calculate it :thumbsup

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you guys, I did ordered the wheels so I'm putting my lift on Tuesday on my days off. I'll post the pic of it to show what im working with, just painted the bumpers the same color too. Trying to figure out how to post the pick now.

·
1,570 Posts
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I was only going off of the OP's original question:

The offset difference is only 1.32" (6.07" - 4.75") not 2.32", but you are absolutely correct that wheel position, width, and tire width all affect tire position. The OP gave us two of those, but I did have to make an assumption on the tire width to answer his question.

This is definitely the cleanest way to calculate it :thumbsup
No, offset difference is 2.32". You are looking at the backspace difference now, also dependent on width.

·
7 Posts
Hi Puma318,

Glad to hear you got it all worked out. I'll be interested to hear how it goes. Good luck with the install!

cartmanea,

I see where you are going now. You are looking at the absolute difference in wheel offset (centerline); technically -59mm (-2.32"; a negative offset pushes the wheel out), correct? New offset - stock offset = -19mm - +40mm = -59mm.

Sorry for the confusion. We're both going the same place, just taking different routes to get there :thumbsup

·
1,570 Posts
Hi Puma318,

Glad to hear you got it all worked out. I'll be interested to hear how it goes. Good luck with the install!

cartmanea,

I see where you are going now. You are looking at the absolute difference in wheel offset (centerline); technically -59mm (-2.32"; a negative offset pushes the wheel out), correct? New offset - stock offset = -19mm - +40mm = -59mm.

Sorry for the confusion. We're both going the same place, just taking different routes to get there :thumbsup
Yes, I prefer to use offset because that tells you where the center line of the wheel and tire are. Then you can look at tire width to determine how far it will stick out.

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You guys are awesome, trying to find some blocks to secure my truck on the jack stand, to put everything together. Can't wait to show you guys the result.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts