The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just got my truck back from getting HGs done. My front left tire rubs super bad now when I turn sharp to the left. I also think my downpipe is rattling against the firewall again, I first heard this sound when I bought the truck and had it fixed under warranty.

I took a look at the cab to box gap and it seems to be an extra 1/4-1/2" now. Is there any movement when putting the cab back down on the frame?

·
Justifiably Confused
67 Posts
Cab Adjustment

The cab alignment will vary quite a bit from the point of removal to reinstall. When I did mine I was able to manually push the cab around to get it where I wanted it before tightening it down. I was nudging it for a good 15 minutes until I got it right.

I would take it back to the place that did the work. If not you can try loosening the six bolts and getting it where it should be. Beware though if the place that did the work installed new bolts as directed by the shop manual you may have an issue with the factory lock-tite.

Reactions: BigPSD

·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Evil, figured there must be a little play in the positioning of the cab.

·
52 Posts
Thanks Evil, figured there must be a little play in the positioning of the cab.
When i did a motor last week on a 6.4 i rolled the frame out from under it i know better but i was trying to make motor removel easyer sinch the truck was so long and close to the wall with the cab on the lift and it took a good five mins to get straight

1 - 4 of 4 Posts