The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, got a quick question. A quite a few of the body parts on my 95 are getting a bit poor (box is rusting along the bottom, one of the fenders is getting pretty bad rust almost right through in a couple spots) So i was wondering if parts from a 1500 would fit on my 2500. I was even thinking of going so far as to swap a super cab short box onto my reg cab long box. I dont know if this would work or not, so I figured I would pick your guys brains a little bit.

The reason for thinking about body parts from a 1500 is that you can find them in really nice shape with high miles for very reasonable prices.

Thanks for any input you might have.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
I want to say that body mounts will be different for the different cab configurations. But if you keep it the same 1500 to 2500 shouldn't be different, unless the suspension mounts would be.

·
gone fishin!
2,833 Posts
the body parts are direct swap..... the cab will work but you have to mod the frame for cab mounts and move some brackets and hard ware around.

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I am going to keep an eye out for a good truck to start swapping some parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts