The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Formerly CursedtoFirst45
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:damnit When they say not to over-torque it.....LISTEN TO THEM. I just mangled mine and broke it in two pieces. It wasnt even that tight. :damnit. Well anyways, im taking a ride tomorrow to see if a diesel shop in town might have one. What are u guys using for a fitting on top of the bolt. Will an 1/8 in. barbed end fitting work? Show pics if you got them.:damnit :damnit

·
Formerly CursedtoFirst45
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, well i just removed the bolt in front of the map sensor and am getting my boost reading from there now. Theres no way im spending another 13 for a bolt

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
That's why you should do it the right way the first time...

I used a 3/4" to 1/2" steel bushing and a 1/2" to 1/8" brass bushing in the side of the head. Boost bolts are like banjo bolts they are very thin and weak also they break easily...​

·
Formerly CursedtoFirst45
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mopar1973Man said:
That's why you should do it the right way the first time...

I used a 3/4" to 1/2" steel bushing and a 1/2" to 1/8" brass bushing in the side of the head. Boost bolts are like banjo bolts they are very thin and weak also they break easily...​
Actually this is what i did. But i did learn the hard way first. Yesterday i went to home depot and bought a 3/4 steel bushing and installed it. i tightened it real good but my boost gauge rattles like an sob. idk why, it didnt do it before. It rattles at idle and he entire time when it's climbing, then it rattles like an sob from like 13-19psi????

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
Do you have a fuel pressure gauge in the same pod?

If so I would say the fuel pressure gauge is rattling not the boost... You need to dampen the pulses from the fuel pump with a needle valve...

As for if it is the boost gauge I would say you got a defective gauge... You might check you valve lash...

·
Formerly CursedtoFirst45
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mopar1973Man said:
Do you have a fuel pressure gauge in the same pod?

If so I would say the fuel pressure gauge is rattling not the boost... You need to dampen the pulses from the fuel pump with a needle valve...

As for if it is the boost gauge I would say you got a defective gauge... You might check you valve lash...
No, my fp gauge isnt mounted in yet. On my pillar i have trans, boost, and egt. I guess ill get a 60 pounder this time since ill need one next year or so. But im glad you commented on the fp gauge bc i was holding off installing it until i know for sure how. Its an electric gauge and it came with a sender. How to i go about hooking this up. Do i connect it to the little port behind the fuel filter at the top of the cup? Its kinda hard to tell with the pic in ur writeup

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
cursedtofirst45 said:
No, my fp gauge isnt mounted in yet. On my pillar i have trans, boost, and egt. I guess ill get a 60 pounder this time since ill need one next year or so. But im glad you commented on the fp gauge bc i was holding off installing it until i know for sure how. Its an electric gauge and it came with a sender. How to i go about hooking this up. Do i connect it to the little port behind the fuel filter at the top of the cup? Its kinda hard to tell with the pic in ur writeup
You hook up between the fuel filter and the VP44... That way you know exactly the pressure going to the VP44 at all times...

Since I got the Vulcan Big Line Kit (old Style) mine is in the line between the VP44 and the filter. My orignal hook up was on the output of the filter housing (bottom).

Orignal Stock position (Bottom of filter housing)

Now the Vulcan Big Line Kit...

Same line different placements...:poke:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts