The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my gauges, I note that some times cold the boost jumps around some.
also most times i have lower boost under 10PSI but if i rip on it i will get over 25 -28.
My EGT is most times around 1,000. but when i rip on it the boost comes up and the EGT dont go up much.

The egt will come down when im ready to shut down but it hangs around 4-5 hundred.

Is all this normal for a 07.5 6.7

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
I installed my gauges, I note that some times cold the boost jumps around some.
also most times i have lower boost under 10PSI but if i rip on it i will get over 25 -28.
My EGT is most times around 1,000. but when i rip on it the boost comes up and the EGT dont go up much.

The egt will come down when im ready to shut down but it hangs around 4-5 hundred.

Is all this normal for a 07.5 6.7
Sounds normal to me...

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
the strange jumps in boost are more than likely because the turbo is cycling its vanes

·
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok sounds good, I still have to put the tranny sender in the pan.

After having the high reving 6.0 ford it is funny how this 6.7 pulls right from the bottom. Like I will be going up a hill at 50 mph in 5th or 6 gear with the RPM @ 1200 and roll into the pedal and the boost comes up and it goes. without droping a gear. reminds me of running a big truck. when i had my centry class with the 12.7 when you can just feel the torque.:thumbsup

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Ok sounds good, I still have to put the tranny sender in the pan.

After having the high reving 6.0 ford it is funny how this 6.7 pulls right from the bottom. Like I will be going up a hill at 50 mph in 5th or 6 gear with the RPM @ 1200 and roll into the pedal and the boost comes up and it goes. without droping a gear. reminds me of running a big truck. when i had my centry class with the 12.7 when you can just feel the torque.:thumbsup
I miss that... put the pedal down and it just pulls, doesnt down shift, just goes, this truck does the same but the dodge just felt grunty when it did it:toytruck

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
I miss that... put the pedal down and it just pulls, doesnt down shift, just goes, this truck does the same but the dodge just felt grunty when it did it:toytruck
6 in a row make em... :coal :poke

Of course Im just playin Aaron you have a very nice LBZ, did you ever get your gauges in?

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
6 in a row make em... :coal :poke

Of course Im just playin Aaron you have a very nice LBZ, did you ever get your gauges in?
Still waiting the company they were ordered from hasn't got them yet....... sucks to be from Canada sometimes

At least they are ISSPRO:knight

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Still waiting the company they were ordered from hasn't got them yet....... sucks to be from Canada sometimes

At least they are ISSPRO:knight
Dang!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts