The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
PSD owner
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, newbie to diesels. I recently got a 01 excursion (7.3L, auto) 2wd, installed a banks stinger plus kit. Just was wondering what boost levels can i adjust up to with out over boosting it. I currently get about 21 max psi, anyone else runnin this kit? What levels do you get?

tia... Wayne

·
Registered
790 Posts
add a chip and you'll get more boost.

·
PSD owner
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am running a chip... sorry maybe i need to be more specific.

·
PSD owner
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The banks big head wastegate, should i adjust the preload to get more boost.

·
PSD owner
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just thought I ask here first, being its the weekend. I will give banks tech line a call tomorrow.

·
1,386 Posts
Hey Wayne, I'm running a Hypertech programmer on setting #3. Mine is topping out right around 25-26 lbs of boost. That is in 5th gear at 90 mph.
While running through the gears it'll top out at 22 lbs of boost. Don't know if this'll help. Also WELCOME to the garage. Lets see some pictures of your truck.

·
PSD owner
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks tjl... I will post some pics when i get the chance. My peak level is 21 lbs., and the chip is 85 hp with high boost wheel. So im thinking i should be seeing around 26-28 lbs... maybe more.

Thanks again

·
1,386 Posts
I think you should see a lot more than 21 psi. My programmer is only 80 hp, I think. Good luck.

·
TDG Singles Club #120
330 Posts
same kit, 22psi at full boogie. getting my chip reflashed to either the power pack level or more i'm leaning towards the "or more"

·
PSD owner
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Called the techline today, i should see 20-22lbs. of boost, according to them.
So i seem to be in the right ballpark.

same kit, 22psi at full boogie. getting my chip reflashed to either the power pack level or more i'm leaning towards the "or more
Thanks for the input S.S.B.B.
more is always good, i may go for a reflash too.

·
23 Posts
I'm just 2 months into my first diesel......i did a AFE stage 2......and just did gauges . I just have boost and trans hooked up and hopefully pyro tapped this week. My question is what should i see for boost and when ?

Daren (02PSD)

·
6,337 Posts
02PSD said:
I'm just 2 months into my first diesel......i did a AFE stage 2......and just did gauges . I just have boost and trans hooked up and hopefully pyro tapped this week. My question is what should i see for boost and when ?

Daren (02PSD)
Just running down the road empty, boost about 5-8psi, max about 25-27psi tranny about 130-150, pyro about 600-800.

·
TDG Singles Club #120
330 Posts
ok, just a clarifacation for all banks owners. i pulled my chip last week to get re-flashed( my guy couldn't do it, but i can send it back to banks for "free" so he says) so at any rate i've been driving around the last weeek w/o the chip and to tell the truth there isn't much difference between stock, and chipped with the rest of the stinger plus accessories. i still pull 22 psi and she still accelerates almost as fast. i may be ditching the ottomind altogether and get a dp 6pos. switch.
my banks guy seems to think that i will blow my truck up if i have anything programmed higher than the powerpack chip.
is this bulls*it or what, i'm getting sick of being burned by imports!
any advice would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
-Chris-

·
23 Posts
Thanks CSIPSD. Ok i must of did something wrong ......doesn't move much going down the hiway at 70. It can get it up to around 8 psi when i step on it. Is it supposed to stay at a steady 8- 10 psi when cruising down the hiway empty ? At 70 it barely kicks up to 3 psi every now and then.

Daren (02PSD)

·
Diesel Enthusiast
4 Posts
why not just disable the wastegate? I've heard of guys doing that but I don't know what kind of numbers they are seeing. Plus it's free so if i had one i'd give it a shot.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts