The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after my truck came out of the shop a few weeks ago with the latest updates it seems as though my my boost psi stays low like 31 psi at full throttle (this is with tuner and was even lower on stock tune) through 1 2 3 but when it hits 4 and 5 boost runs all the way up to high 40 to 50.wich stock was about 38 -39.. any ideas why i am only getting full boost in 4 and 5th gear???:bang:

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
I would think the converter is locking up creating more load and boost. Good thing. Easier on the tranny.

·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont know it sure seems like it should run a lot better than it does. 4th and 5th 80-100+ it pulls like crazy but the lower gears just dont have it. i thought it might be a tuning issue but now im runnig custom tuning.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Get ahold of Eric. Im not familiar with SCT.

·
163 Posts
I'm running spartan and am having the exact same problem. The only thing that I can really think of is that the temperature change (from Lafayette, Indiana to Abilene, TX) has had some sort of effect on it. I really don't know how or why though. Right after installing the tuner/exhaust/intake it would hit mid-40's no matter what gear, but now, as you have stated only the lower 30's in 1st,2nd and 3rd gears. I do love the way the truck pulls in 4th and 5th, i rarely get up to speeds where I can enjoy that part of the ride for very long.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
after my truck came out of the shop a few weeks ago with the latest updates it seems as though my my boost psi stays low like 31 psi at full throttle (this is with tuner and was even lower on stock tune) through 1 2 3 but when it hits 4 and 5 boost runs all the way up to high 40 to 50.wich stock was about 38 -39.. any ideas why i am only getting full boost in 4 and 5th gear???:bang:
My truck only hit around 32psi of boost. And thats on the DD with no tunes on.

·
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i wish innovative or spatan would put in their input in. crown vic guy let me know if you figure anything out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts