The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
58 Posts
all its gunna do is keep your CEL light from coming on at higher "overboost" pressures witch in the 7.3 case is around 15psi. Just unplug your wastegate controller then you will get full boost. My CEL comes on even with Codes tunes on my DP tuner, and it doesnt effect anything.

·
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where do you unplug the wastegate controller at?
thanks man

·
257 Posts
I have the codes tunes on my DP and havn't had a light come on since installed. I wonder what the difference is?

·
Registered
58 Posts
the wastegate controller is directly in front of the turbo. there is a red and green line that run into the controller. there is a 2 wire plug that goes into the controller just unplug it and thats all. with mine plugged in my truck was only slighlty faster than stock. once i unplugged it HOLY CRAP hold on!

·
TwinStacks
184 Posts
Just order the MAP Maximizer from dfuser or the dual release one. I have the one from TheDieselSite. It stops the MAP sensor from seeing over 17psi of boost.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
no it for 99 up oinly pre 99 didnt have a waste gate put a regulater inline with the map sensor like mine is
see how the line comes in then out to the map sensor and sd's dont defuel untill 22 psi so mine is set at 20 psi no problems

·
6,337 Posts
OBS do not defuel like the superdutys do...

·
812 Posts
i have had my 95 at 29psi and never had it defuel

·
Smokin'
430 Posts
**** on all of those overpriced mechanical setups.

Buy yourself a 4.7 .5 ohm and solder it into your map sensor lines. It will never see more then 19psi and it cost 1 dollar.

Here is mine.

·
Registered
15 Posts
wastegate controler

can u unplug this on a factory truck ? Will it hurt anything ? I'm looking 2 get a few more hp out of my truck, I upped tire size to 265 70 17 ,s . fuel milage is still about the same but I'd like more boost ..

·
6,337 Posts
can u unplug this on a factory truck ? Will it hurt anything ? I'm looking 2 get a few more hp out of my truck, I upped tire size to 265 70 17 ,s . fuel milage is still about the same but I'd like more boost ..

No you can not unplug your map sensor, your PCM needs that info to fuel properly.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts