The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious if anyone knows what the avg. stock boost is, or if you have a 6637 and a straight piped exhaust... wondering if my boost is up to par

·
102 Posts
straight pipe and intake was right around 17psi i think. with the dp, a lot higher..

·
608 Posts
I have a 6637 and 4 in exhaust all the way back on my early 99 and the most I see without a chip of any sort is 20 psi. I know that I have a few little leaks in my boots, so a few PSI higher on a stock truck would be normal. Most will tell you that running more than 27 ish PSI through the stock charger will significantly reduce its time of service.

·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright, mine is piped intake and power programmer and iam seeing 16-17 when i hit around 2500 before i shift

·
608 Posts
Have you pressure checked your system for any boost leaks? That seems low to me... Granted my max boost doesn't come until about 2800 rpm.

·
213 Posts
I'd say around 20lbs would be normal with the listed mods

·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i have a cheap sunpro gauge and it has a large 5/16 hose hooked to the gauge

·
Mod Friendly Title
2,695 Posts
Why shift at 2500? Hold it to 3000. :goodvsevil

·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
3000 is about right? or 2500 is?

·
Mod Friendly Title
2,695 Posts
3000 is about right? or 2500 is?
Your truck doesn't redline til 3250, shifting at 3000 is fine. Mine sees it probably daily. I know it sees at least 2500 daily.

·
608 Posts
It probably isn't best for the fuel mileage... but who cares.. If I wanted fuel mileage, I would drive a different vehicle...

·
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i want to do the ccv mod this weekend and maybe change out my ic pipes and see if i see a difference in boost

·
THE MASTER OF DISASTER
265 Posts
i have seen 45 on my stock turbo with jodys tunes im guessing my turbo is going to take a dump here very soon. :haha

1 - 15 of 15 Posts