The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This issue is eating at me something fierce. I think if the politicians have their way this will kill our way of life, our JOBS. One one hand they are battling over the illegal immigration issue and now they are talking about opening the border up to mexican trucking. Do they honestly think this will make illegal immigration any better!!?? What do you guys think? discuss.
I just needed to vent.

·
3,754 Posts
ITll jsut breed problems

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
If you really want to get upset, ever heard about the plans to build a highway from the MX border straight thru the USA all the way to Canada?

·
142 Posts
Yea, Sad, those are some secrets they aren't telling the American public

·
dagon dagon!
179 Posts
I think this is a bunch of bull**** they put all these ***damn regulations on our trucks, then open the door for all these mexicans and their trucks aren't even looked at. if we were caught driving one of their trucks we'd be lucky to get away with less than 20,000 in fines! though I'm really interested to see what happens in CA with that law about >10 year old trucks.

·
MD Newbie
96 Posts
I have no real problem with the government opening the doors to more business (maybe it'll help our economy a bit) but holy crap, have you seen the trucks in Mexico? They look to be in shambles compared to US-DOT regulated stuff. I see it going one of two ways:
1. They just allow whatever trucks from Mexico, there are a ton of safety incidents, and they re-close the border due to public protest.
2. They regulate the Mexican trucks to US standards, and there is a boon to the economy. It's got to be done correctly and completely, but those are two words that are not in the government's dictionary.

I do think they should put some restrictions on what the non-US drivers/trucks can haul such as destination/origination must be outside the US. And it has to go both ways....

·
Registered
26 Posts
As I see it, the only think opening the border will do is put about 20,000 US drivers out of business or cut their wages down to third world levels. All the freight going to border US cities can be loaded on Mexican trucks. All the containers for overseas destination will be loaded on Mexican trucks bc Mexico is planning on building a super-sized container port. With US freight rates already in the toilet, I can't see how this is going to help the American driver or the economy. If you think drugs are rampant now, just wait till this border crossing junk gets into full swing. Drug sniffing dogs at every scale house bc by then ever car, rv, truck and school bus will be required to pull in. All in the name of this phony war-on-drugs.

·
TDG Mafia Member #56
2,050 Posts
I think it is a bs idea as well. Might as well pay them to drive on our roads to tax the U.S. citizens more. The idea of the road from mexice to canada blows. Just keep letting our U.S. drivers and rigs haul the stuff safely. Oooh I just had an idea. Let these mexican drivers go up to Canada and give them a crash course on the ICE driving in a rig. See how many make it through there. Oh wait, they wouldn't get the chance because Canada's policies and regulations are very strict and these mexican drivers will be stuck on our side of the border.

·
3,051 Posts
If the US government lets this happen, then I would expect to see complete shut down/road blocking demonstrations from most of the truckers in this nation. Dosen't make any sense, how in the world can our government even consider a double standard. Not only would it kill alot of our trucking industry, but likely kill alot of people also with safety related accidents. What certifications do Mexicos drivers and trucks have in comparison to the USA? We sure have some idiots running things these days.

·
118 Posts
My dads a union driver and if you want to stop it before they start.Start sending emails and letters to the gov.

·
348 Posts
Yep write your congressman, Join a pro american trucking group,Vote the bums out of office,Make phone calls weekly to those that matter,Better yet just do something more that rant about it here. Do something before it truly is too late.

·
15 Posts
Would you guys like for me to take a few pics of mex trucks that come into Texas everyday? Just so you would know what you are talking about. Most of what you all are ranting about is union sponsered BS. Is there problems? YES
That highway from Mexico to Canada is already in place and 1/3 finished its called the I-69 corridor -Port Huron MI. to Pharr, TX. Am I against Mex trucks in the US? yes I am. Do I believe everything a union lacky tells me? NO I don't! Just something to think about.
That's my 2 cents worth yours maybe worth more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
have a problem with my truck it is leaking air it is inside the trans it is a eaton 13 spd old
style i pinched line going into the shift on side and air leak stoped going to take apart in morning was wondering if any one could give me any information

·
194 Posts
I'm not a trucker but my family owns a fleet of dump trucks and I've always had respect for truckers and transporters. Let me know what I can do to help make sure this thing doesn't happen though the word of a white American citizen is losing meaning everyday. Just promise that if mexicans start flooding our highways then you'll start another massive road block. Its time the American people actually start running their own government again rather than the government running us.

·
48 Posts
I like the idea of a Mexico to Canada highway ... Just make sure the fuel stops do not allow for exiting the roadway onto USA soil ... Get on in Mexico and get off in Canada ...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts