The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
***The Radio Flyer***
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took off the ol' 20's a couple of weeks ago for the winter and re-installed the factory alloys with the LT285/70R17 Firestone Destination A/T's.....

Before :

After a good bath today :

Got really bored about a month ago and bought a used antenna at a junkyard for $2 :woohoo and buzzed it off. I hate terrestrial radio so bad that I never listen to it.....and the washing of the cab lights and windshield is a tad easier now as well, not to mention the increase in aerodynamics. :popcorn The OEM antenna and an adjustable wrench now reside under the rear seat in the event I'm out and about and am experiencing bad weather and I need local weather info.

Greg

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Looking good Man!

·
1,224 Posts
Since things are boring and you decided to improve the areodynamics on the truck, how much did your fuel mileage increase :poke by removing the antennaLOL

BTW that is a sharp looking truck. No way in h**l that I could keep my truck that clean and scratch free in my work.

·
***The Radio Flyer***
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since things are boring and you decided to improve the areodynamics on the truck, how much did your fuel mileage increase :poke by removing the antennaLOL
I *think* my fuel savings were negated by the additional weight of the antenna and adjustable wrench currently residing under the rear seat.........but it's really hard to accurately make that determination with the change to winter blend fuel. :fan

·
Born in the USA
2,651 Posts
I have been riding with no antenna for a year and a half now after I broke my eBay replacement while cleaning snow off the truck. I have satellite so don't listen to regular radio at all. Truck looks great!

Reactions: gsbrockman

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts
Wel, since I was off today and it was a nice hot day (at least mid 20*F out there:happydance), I decided to change my oil. Yeah, lovin' the temporary stay in the city - changed oil on the sidewalk.

Since I crested just over 30k miles, the manual calls for changing differential fluids. So now it is investigation time to see what I'll use.

·
***The Radio Flyer***
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since I crested just over 30k miles, the manual calls for changing differential fluids. So now it is investigation time to see what I'll use.
No need to complicate things a huge amount......find some readily available 75W90 GL5 Full Synthetic (I chose Valvoline----Mobil 1 is readily available too) and re-use the front and rear gaskets. I'd add to drive it around a little to warm up the gear oil for a better drain. You'll need 7 quarts.

Reactions: 4rcFed

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts
Sweet. I was going to go down to a local dealership close to where we are at, but a quick online search showed that most dealers are pretty high on the prices. (I just wanted to go for a ride!) But I figured I'd just go and check out Mobil 1, or something close.

I need a new tube of grease for the front driveshaft too.

·
***The Radio Flyer***
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Rich.....why do you have a rear avatar shot on this site and a front avatar shot on "brand x" site ????????? :woohoo

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts
actually, I tried changing that picture, on "brand x" site to my rear window shot!:haha But the site was giving me a headache of trying to upload it....so I gave up.

·
***The Radio Flyer***
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reactions: neeltburn
1 - 11 of 11 Posts