The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping to locate service literature for a Bosch inline A-pump a friend lended me to take apart and assemble for advancing my technical brain. I can find some small chunks of information but nothing really complete. It was off of a Mack truck for starters and I was just curious if anyone would have a lead on where I could look on the web here, or I could try to read the tag when I can and hopefully score something through Mack down the road from my work.

Any help is appreciated!

·
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not until now, however so far trying it out I have only found 1 link, better than nothing though! I tried Dogpile too and that search engine usually brings up a few odds but no luck there. I will keep re-wording it too since it seems to be harder than i thought with this model.

·
2,555 Posts
look thru the handy links sticky, I think that there is a link to some mack manuals there. you will need a test bench to set the phasing on that pump if you remove the barrels. have you looked in the mods section, Neverenufhp has some good links in there.

·
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I will have to check it out. This pump won't be going into anything, its already busted because of someone else, but I wouldn't mind learning how to calibrate one of these at some point in the future. I would just like to see atleast a parts explosion on this pump, hopefully I can find one. Thank you. I might just post all my tear down pictures as I go since there isn't much on this older pump anyways.

Well, back to searching guys....

·
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For anyone in the future, here is the beginning ofthe pictures.

·
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How can you tell that Backslap?

·
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, finally found the tag on the side of the pump facing the engine block.

0 402 036 725

PES6P110A720/2RS3064

I have found a place to help me with disassembly and assembly instructions, I hope to get maybe some information on what the pump numbers identify it as.

Reactions: Rogerstar1

·
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Made some progress finally on the top end.

I haven't made it to the governor portion of this thing yet but I will get there.

·
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Side view with the allen wrench plugs for removing the retainers of the springs inside. i tried fitting a 5mm but it was slightly loose so i am not sure if it could be a standard. However I don't think this unit would have standard sizes.

Reactions: Rogerstar1

·
381 Posts
I have a Mack Midliner(read Renault) manual. I'll look later today & see what it says. I know it indicates how to static time, as I bought it for info when I rebuilt my old MS200. ---Bob:whip

·
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alright Bronco. I hope to go through this entire pump and be able to post here how to go about things, even though I know these must be timed on a machine to be correctly calibrated. I am just trying to help others out with this thread as well as myself on these pumps.

I appreciate everything thus far from each who has replied.

·
Aimless Wanderer
929 Posts
Alright Bronco. I hope to go through this entire pump and be able to post here how to go about things, even though I know these must be timed on a machine to be correctly calibrated. I am just trying to help others out with this thread as well as myself on these pumps.

I appreciate everything thus far from each who has replied.
Running a pump on the test bench has nothing to do with engine timing for fuel delivery calibration. The timing advance mechanism, high, and low speed governor settings, injection pump discharge pressures, discharge flow rates and pressures are very adjustable on the test bench with the correct parts. Fuel delivery calibration and balancing is set by a combination of factors including plunger and spray hole or pintle size, plunger stroke length, injection pump pressure, internal rack and collar setting(s) for balance with each other, along with overall injection rack travel for maximum fuel delivery, and fuel cutoff positions.

·
Super Moderator
3,190 Posts
Ok, finally found the tag on the side of the pump facing the engine block.

0 402 036 725

PES6P110A720/2RS3064

I have found a place to help me with disassembly and assembly instructions, I hope to get maybe some information on what the pump numbers identify it as.
May not help much, but it's an 11 mm plunger, P-pump, with an RSV governor.

·
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good tech! Thank you guys.

It helped Nevrenufhp, going through this slowly helps things sink in IMO. It helps the withdrawl of not working in a shop, helps me out in the parts world though too even if I don't sell engine or fuel system parts at my current place of employment. :woot:

Took the top cover off the governor portion and the end cover wondering what these adjust particularly?

·
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is the top picture maybe a lock, for the adjustment through the end cap?

·
Aimless Wanderer
929 Posts
Is the top picture maybe a lock, for the adjustment through the end cap?
Wish I had a better answer but it looks like a either a lock for, or the actual adjustment for the high idle speed, or a "droop" adjustment to limit engine surge when a load is suddenly applied but this is just a guess as I've never been into a pump with an adjustment like that.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts