The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i purchased one for the dually...too bad it'll be awhile before i can use it. :happydance

I know, your wondering, why pay 1k for a tuner when you can have EFI for 800?

A-because I only paid 500 shipped for it
B-im not home enough to try to learn EFI...yet.;)

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Awesome deal Nick! i just have to say... be careful!!!!! the ppe can melt your engine/trans down in a big hurry if you dont spend the cash to upgrade it :bang

Reactions: sexytrkr

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you mean upgrade from PPE? i havnt heard of this problem... I'll have to see what operating version it has and go from there. Thanks for the heads up

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
LOL no no i mean melt down your engine and trans, not that the tuner will have a bad tune, but just because the tuning is so aggressive, that thing can make 450+hp,..... but dont expect your trans or engine to like it at all..... sorry for the miss-communication

the LBZ is notorious for cracking pistons with too much fuel and injection timing, the trick is to make sure you have lots of fuel and air without too much timing, dual CP3's really make the PPE hot+2 work, and you need a Fass or Airdog to keep the CP3's from being drained.... oh man the vicious circle will never end.....

My advice? keep your settings below the 160hp level until your running a lift pump, at least a modified cp3, and an upgraded trans, and a set of boost and Pyro gauges... the PPE is probably the best programmer out there for the dmax, and i definitely wouldn't have turned it down for that price :thumbsup :happymugs

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ohh yea yea, i knew that..haha, i thought you meant the actuall software of the tuner..I dont plan on running it above say level 3..the 120hp/200tq setting. even then taking it easy. I'll start off with level 2..the 90/160 setting. I'll have an ADII and stuff before I go any higher then that. Your right, it is a vicious circle! one thing leads to another wich leads to another, next thing you know your buying the 12k stroker kit from socal diesel...well, i wont be, but it would be fun!

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
LOL yea the stroker kit would be sweet, i was just thinking of that this morning, if i win the lottery some day i think i will buy it.... LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts