The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got home with my first chevy diesel ever....

06 3500 crew cab dually 4x4 LT with the allison.61kmiles..has a pioneer nav/cd/dvd player other then that..totally stock. One owner. No gooseneck, 5th wheel. never been chipped or anything. The brake controller connector is still in the glove box..I'll post pics when its not so rainy outside.:thumbsup

·
3,939 Posts
So should I say "Congrats" or "Condolences"?

Plainwell? Thats not far from US131. We may be going there for TnT on Friday.

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im 1 block from 131 actually. But right now im in TX...then going to the northeast next week. then back to Mi...

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts

06 3500 crew cab dually 4x4 LT with the allison.61kmiles..has a pioneer nav/cd/dvd player other then that..totally stock. One owner. No gooseneck, 5th wheel. never been chipped or anything. The brake controller connector is still in the glove box..I'll post pics when its not so rainy outside.:thumbsup
Another wise man!

Congrats! :happymugs

·
1,709 Posts
Congrats on the "new truck".. Hope that you enjoy and I am sure that you will..:thumbsup

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep, i love it! after driving my chiped 7.3 it sounds like im driving a gasser. This is crazy quiet. Id say it has as much power stock as my 7.3 did chipped and all. Well, not off the line, but it'll get up and go, thats for sure.

so far my only plan is to do a MBRP turbo back 4" with a muffler since I tow alot. Anyone else running that set up? if so, did you notice any differance anywhere?

·
1,709 Posts
What bout some pics???

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts

Congratulations man! Nothing more exciting then a new truck! :happymugs

So should I say "Congrats" or "Condolences"?
Whats that about man? :(

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
yep, i love it! after driving my chiped 7.3 it sounds like im driving a gasser. This is crazy quiet. Id say it has as much power stock as my 7.3 did chipped and all. Well, not off the line, but it'll get up and go, thats for sure.
Hard to believe.

My dmax would beat my old 7.3L even with a 120 chip.

The real treasure you have there is the Ally and the 11.5" G-80 locker. You'll love them. :salute

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Usually Ford or Dodge guys that buy GM are doing so because they had to, not because they wanted to. So thats where the "condolences" comes in.
well, i "had to" because the 6.0 is junk (no one is going to convince me otherwise) and take out the cummins engine the dodge is junk...just my 2cents..:thumbsup

And my Dmax is faster stock then my 7.3 was chipped and everything. We were getting on 1 yesterday and i punched it and the GF said it felt faster..so I guess that confirms it. lol

Heres a picture...I figured out last night by accident that it has remote start!:D

Attachments

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
I have a 4in straight piped on mine and it is not too loud unless I am really on it, but then again I run a heavy tune everyday. If you tow alot and dont like the drone, I would suggest a Hushpower muffler. They are still straight through mufflers, but are nice about keeping the noise levels down.

If you are on your way back to MI on I-69 through Fort Wayne, shoot me a PM.

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
I have a 4in straight piped on mine and it is not too loud unless I am really on it, but then again I run a heavy tune everyday. If you tow alot and dont like the drone, I would suggest a Hushpower muffler. They are still straight through mufflers, but are nice about keeping the noise levels down.

If you are on your way back to MI on I-69 through Fort Wayne, shoot me a PM.
Horsehaulin, sorry to hijack, but that 4300 in your avitar is really nice. :bravo :hijacked

·
43 Posts
i ran a 4" mbrp from the manifold back on a '03 dmax. also had the AFE stage 2 air cleaner. it was a little louder but not too bad until i stepped on it. i ran a superchip tuner on low level and didn't have any temp issues towing 6 tons in east tn.
hope this helps and congrats on your new truck,

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
well, i "had to" because the 6.0 is junk (no one is going to convince me otherwise) and take out the cummins engine the dodge is junk...just my 2cents..:thumbsup

And my Dmax is faster stock then my 7.3 was chipped and everything. We were getting on 1 yesterday and i punched it and the GF said it felt faster..so I guess that confirms it. lol

Heres a picture...I figured out last night by accident that it has remote start!:D
Great looking truck. If you don't mind me suggesting this: Your truck would look awesome with the front bumper Wayne (FordT) had on the front of his 3500.

Come to think of it, it might look good on my 3500, too. :haha

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
allways open to suggestions...what bumper did he have? is it for sale? I was thinking about a ranch hand full replacement...and some 16"ALCOAS

·
Mafia member #105
2,262 Posts
Nice truck and congrats on it.If you need any help on anything just pm or ask we can all help you,When I first got my truck I got the MBRP 5", Afe stage 2 intake and a bully dog.sold the dog and got the PPE and picked up alot of power and more MPG, Also had a transgo Jr and a 1057 converter.If you dont want a intake here is the info to do the ppe air box mod.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts