The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
TDG Mafia 36
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have alot of power steering fluid comming from my brake booster. My question is, can I rebuild it myself, or would it be better to buy a new one and install it. It leaks really bad when I am towing, don't quite understand, but it needs to be fixed.

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
I just did a quick search on Google and it brought up a lot of links.
until someone answers here.

B

·
0 Posts
I am confused as to why your brake booster has power steering fluid in it?:shrug: Could you possible be referring to your vacuum pump located down on the motor?

·
TDG Mafia 36
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Because my brake booster is called a Hydrobooster, it is hydraulic not vaccum, therfore it uses the powersteering pump, and has powersteering fluid running through it to boost brake pressure.

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
Try this link. It might help.:Thumbup:

·
TDG Mafia 36
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The problem is, its not a vaccum pump, it is leaking from the power booster behind the master cylinder, where the lines from the power steering pump go into it. I am just wondering if it could be an O ring or something torn that will be easy to fix, instead of spending $200 on a new booster.

Thanks

~Brandon

B

·
0 Posts
Sorry to say I can't help you. I just did some studying up on the system and it looks like there is not a lot of those out there. I could not find any info online about how to troubleshoot or repair the system. Hope you can find some info and get it taken care of.

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
bcumminsmeck said:
The problem is, its not a vaccum pump, it is leaking from the power booster behind the master cylinder, where the lines from the power steering pump go into it. I am just wondering if it could be an O ring or something torn that will be easy to fix, instead of spending $200 on a new booster.

Thanks

~Brandon
oh, sorry. I'm at a loss for now then. I will look into it some more and see what I can find.:shrug:

·
TDG Mafia 36
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I appreciate all the feedback, I am also looking into it, and so far have come up with nothing except replacing it...:damnit

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
I looked at all the places I could(online), and all I found is the whole thing too. The only thing else I could think of, is to go down to the guy that knows the most at your local NAPA and see if they can find anything outside of the NAPA system. It's not very likely, but worth a shot. I remember there's a spring loaded plunger inside that has about 1000psi stored in it.

Good to have another 63B here:Thumbup:

·
TDG Mafia 36
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the info, I will probably just replace it, then their are no problems I hope.

63B's rule...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts