The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 2500hd with 140k miles on it, second owner.
Anyone run into a power steering fluid leak where the brake master cylinder attaches to the booster? Chevy says there are no seals to change, just get a whole new booster. I have already had two PS hoses go in the 8 months i have had it. I understand there have been some PS/booster recalls (04-05)but chevy says not for my VIN.

Any help for incontenent Dmax ?

Dairyfarmerdave

·
1,836 Posts
Leak at the MC joint? seperate the MC from the booster and read the seal #, go get another seal and exchange seals. Cure rate for me 4 of 7 quit leaking, 1 leaked much worse.

Last one was a couple years ago and was $117 from an independent parts house in an hour, Advance was over $200 at the counter and 2 days. One before was $100 and 3 hours wait. I gues they don't keep them on the shelf everywhere.

Seals are on the shelf.

There is a 1250 psi acumulator on the hydroboost, it gets real messy real fast if you do it wrong after the seals on the ends. The one on the inside of the firewall is to much labor for the odds. And yes there is a kit that has no instructions and the manual says R&R starting in the 70's I think.

keydl

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've changed out my hydro booster. It's easy, couple hour job.

Be careful of the clip that holds the brake rod to the brake pedal. Mine popped off and I spent more time looking for it then I did actually swapping boosters.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.