The Diesel Garage banner

brake light issue...not working

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  strokin6L 
#1 ·
Anyone ever have an issue with their brake lights not working? I noticed mine a few years ago not working but then all of a sudden they started working again. But now last night i noticed they didn't work again...so not sure how long they've been acting up. All the running lights and turn signals work, but no brake lights, but the third brake light on the cab works tho. Also the brake lights from the flat four prong trailer plug don't work. I thought that maybe the connector from the main harness on the frame rail that splits to the tail lights and trailer plugs has an issue. I unplugged the connectors near the spare tire that go to the tail lights and trailer plugs and checked them out and then cleaned it and put some dielectric grease in them...and still dont work. I was thinkin brake light switch under the dash, but the third brake light works....so i thought that it couldn't be the brake switch. Just wondering if anyone had an issue like this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.