The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 01 LB7/Allison combo. When i started it this morning i died when i depressed in the brake pedal. It idles and revs fine, and when depressing the brake pedal at higher rpms the motor can recover if the brake pedal is returned fast enought. This makes me think that the brake pedal is affecting the fuel shutoff soleniod. Has this happened to anyone else and anyone know what was wrong? I'm guessing it has to go to the dealership?

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
Maybe the Hydro Boost? Thats just from personal experience with my tow trucks. When the HB (hydroboost) goes bad it puts a strain on the powersteering pump, which in turn can sometimes shut down the motor at lower rpm. It has happened on my F450's, havent owned a Dmax until last week, so I cant say if it happens on these too. If the temps have dropped below freezing, then you may have some moisture in the power steering system and just need to replace the fluid. Dont take my word for it as I dont have any experience with the Dmax, but I thought I would throw it in just incase it would help.

Tony

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was able to drive it around by starting it in neutral. Would the power steering (turning) also affect the motor? Also the motor never studered, even at high rpms, just stopped as if cut-off valve was activating.

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
Will it start in Park? What other symptoms are you having?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It'll start in park and run fine, but to get out of park you have to depress the brake. So, to move it around i had to start in neutral. The brake pedal kills the motor instantly, other than that no symptoms. I just dropped it off at the dealership, so ill know whats wrong in a little bit. Pulling a 2500 with a tundra = :pointlaugh

·
BUG JUICER and
1,239 Posts
hvy 1ton said:
It'll start in park and run fine, but to get out of brake (I assume you mean "park") you have to depress the brake. So, to move it around i had to start in neutral. The brake pedal kills the motor instantly, other than that no symptoms. I just dropped it off at the dealership, so ill know whats wrong in a little bit. Pulling a 2500 with a tundra = :pointlaugh
how did you get it to the dealer? The brake only kills the motor when stationary, and in park?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had to put it on the bumper pull and haul it with the tundra. The motor died when every the brake was depressed. I got it on the trailer starting in neutral and using the parking brake.

Two wires lost insulation (probably rodents) at the fusebox, brake lights and injectors, the short would kill the motor every time. I checked the a few wires but didn't look it over good enough i guess.

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
Does that mean they got it running for you then? Can you take a pic of the problem area so that others that may have the same problem will know where to look? Thanks for concluding this thread.

Tony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.