The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got the good ol' death wabble in the front. so im going to upgrade to drill and slotted rotors. but im wondering about upgrade brakes. since i pull a heavy trailer i was wondering about making some brackets on the rear axle to hold another caliper on rear. i have seeb guys do it on rock crawlers. anyone ever thought of this instead of 6 piston calipers or such

·
SLAPS Treasurer
101 Posts
I have heard good things about the Powerslot rotors. Have not heard good things slotted and drilled though. I have had real good luck with Hawk pads also. I do not have any expeience with them but I know there are some real high dollar eight or ten piston calipers for the Super Duty.

Chris

·
608 Posts
I have the hawk/ Powerslot combo running up front, and so far I love them. I have about 5k on them. I did have some problems getting them to mount correctly. I think that was the hub from car quest not the rotor or pads. I also run a manual, so unloaded i use very little brake and mostly downshift to slow down. the dual calipers in the rear sound interesting. i am sure you could make it work.

·
282 Posts
I have the rotorpros... so far they are working out great. Price was right and they are far better than stock. So far 15k on mine and holding up strong...

good luck,
Steven

1 - 4 of 4 Posts