The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
CBCS
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just went to get my 99 F250 from storage to get it ready for snow plow season and it seems like all the brakes are sticking. I know that the slide pins are the main culprit in the brakes hanging up so I did go through and regrease all of them. After I got about 5 miles down the road and a few stops later they all started to stick again. I have searched the forum and found that it could be other things like master cylinder, brake booster, or the rubber lines going to the calipers. What could be tested if it would be the brake booster or the master cylinder?? I'm at a loss and I don't just wanna throw parts at this thing.

Thanks,
Steve

·
3,051 Posts
If all four, or just the two front, or two rear brakes are sticking, I would be looking at the master cylinder or hoses. If just one single brake is sticking, I would be looking at the brake hose or caliper. Since the truck has been sitting, try doing a good brake flush of the system first, but remember brake fluid is hygroscopic, which means it attracts and retains moisture, which can cause any internal metallic surfaces in the master cylinder or caliper to rust. Thats why it's a good practice to flush the brake fluid every two years, especially if you live in a snowy climate. The brake booster itself should not cause the brakes to stick.

Harry

Reactions: bigbear3
1 - 2 of 2 Posts