The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres the truck.

Still working the lack of tire size. The truck has a solid axle out of a 1976 f-150 with 3/4 ton outer knuckles so ya is a 8lug ranger. The axels has a 4.88 ratio with a limited slip front. The rear axel is going in in two weeks that is a corprate 14 bolt with 4.88 gears with a detriot locker. Fuel injected 5.0L is coming soon.

·
I now drive a Duramax...
318 Posts
It's going to be hard to put it in 4wd without a front driveshaft:knight

·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was right after we got it done the drive shaft had to be cut and shortened. The rear axels is being put toghter right now. So it should be in in about two weeks.:thumbsup

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
the placement of the springs sucks. should have mounted either farther in on the frame or farther out on the axle. id like to see where they are pointing when its articulated.

Garrett

·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bottom coil retainers always bend down because they are stock. They are captured top and bottom so were are they going to point.

·
2,612 Posts
very nice

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
The bottom coil retainers always bend down because they are stock. They are captured top and bottom so were are they going to point.
im not trying to take anything away from it, it is very nice.

now go 'froad it and post the pics!!

Garrett

·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok I was not sure what you were trying to say about the truck speed demon and I did not what to start a grudge match. We will be installing the rear axel today I will be geting some pics.:thumbsup

·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heres the rear axle.

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
looks good. poor ranger needs bigger tires tho.

Garrett

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello all I am the owner of the ranger pictured above. And i have a few Q's on traction bars.
How bad do you guys think a set of traction bars would hurt my flex in the rear? I ask because i have some pretty good axle hop in the rear end . I was thinking somthing like this for the rear without the u-joint deal i would just use a heim up there. My truck is a 95 ranger with 14 bolt rear 5.5" chevy springs and 2" drop shackles, no blocks. Would pinion angle have anything to due with my axle hop?

I was also thinking something like this the black tube would be sleeved and have pins for on the road and at the dunes and such where as much flex is not needed and when i go trail riding i could pull the pins and then would have all my flex back. Would the red bar be needed in my situation where i have axle hop and not so much wrap.

Thanks for all you help.

·
shes smart!
161 Posts
I think they will work fine, most of your flex is going to be in the front coils anyway so:thumbsup

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
ive never seen the first design used with a u-joint. tho i have seen it with a shackle and it works good.

the second design could be pretty cool too.

Garrett

·
1,709 Posts
Looks nice.

·
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Heres the ranger with 35" procomp xterans.:thumbsup

I will get some better pics soon.

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
looks good. should be a fun little off roader.

Garrett

1 - 20 of 48 Posts