The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brought this home. Who wants to guess what this is used for (no web searchingLOL)?
Powered by Turboed, air to air intercooler, John Deere 4045 engine, Hydorstate drive using Wheel motors with planatery hubs.

Attachments

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
Pretty cool!

But whats it for? Digging holes for telephone poles?

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
The augers look fixed at the bottom and adjustable at the top, so my guess is if its not for digging holes, its for lifting. What though... corn? dirt? :help

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
I'm guessing its for loading trucks with almonds perhaps I remember seeing something similar in your pics before.

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
I was close, its a field shuttle for moving it from the collector to the truck loading auger

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was close, its a field shuttle for moving it from the collector to the truck loading auger
:clap:clap

Its a Bank Out for hauling nuts from field to truck loading elevator. This will allow me to unload nuts from the harvester on the go with out stopping just like grain harvesters being able to unload on the go.

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
I'm guessing its for loading trucks with almonds perhaps I remember seeing something similar in your pics before.
:poke You used Google....

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
nope the first guess was just after looking at the pictures, and remembering some of his other pics about harvesting almonds

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bankout dumps into this.

Here is the elevator the bankout dumps into. Powered by a Kubota 40Hp diesel.

Attachments

·
381 Posts
I covet the 4045! With turbo, it probably 100 plus horsepower. Tha would do my old 4X4 ranger good.:rock:rock---Bob:roflol:

·
Aimless Wanderer
929 Posts
I covet the 4045! With turbo, it probably 100 plus horsepower. Tha would do my old 4X4 ranger good.:rock:rock---Bob:roflol:
They like to scrub the head gasket out as does the six cylinder variant, (6.8ltr). They will leak oil at the deck to head parting surface badly typically coating the flywheel housing from the cooling fan airflow. Really good engine after the first head gasket is changed and the problem doesn't seem to reappear. The head casting is not aged/seasoned correctly in Brazil when manufactured.

·
381 Posts
Until a couple of years back, the company I was leased to had 8 or 10 of the nonturbo 4039 & 4045 on 6 inch pumps that ran 24-7. some had so many hours I couldn't believe it. Only had 1 with turbo on a sock pump. They did impress me to their hardiness.:hijacked SRI>---bob:thumbsup

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Until a couple of years back, the company I was leased to had 8 or 10 of the nonturbo 4039 & 4045 on 6 inch pumps that ran 24-7. some had so many hours I couldn't believe it. Only had 1 with turbo on a sock pump. They did impress me to their hardiness.:hijacked SRI>---bob:thumbsup
I have 7 John Deere engines on irrigation booster pumps, 4045 and 6068 engines, turbo and non turbo. One has over 15,000 hrs and 3 have over 12,000 currently.

Reactions: petek

·
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts