The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, does anyone know if this can work together. I have had a tough time getting through to BTS.

Currently I have a banks transcommand on my truck and a BTS tranny is going in tomorrow. I do have the intstructions on how to take the transcommand out....but I would like to know if it works with the tranny?

Any ideas??

thanks,
Steven

·
6,337 Posts
It will work, but I would remove it... It bumps the line pressure with electronics and will most likely make the tranny shift HARD, like banging gears hard... Remove it and give it to nicky

·
Registered
300 Posts
yah, I'd pull it. the shift kit in the tranny will do alot of that, and if you get your chip burnt for provision for the BTS you'll never need the trans command. I'd keep calling over to BTS, I've never had a hard time getting someone to answer the phone. . .870-422-3673

·
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tried... plus I even emailed them and then I even got the email of one of there techs...but nothing...

popular guys... :bow:

·
Registered
300 Posts
could be some truth there. . .he runs a business, he stays busy and I'm sure it's hard to keep up with paying customers. . .so i'm sure someone whose just asking for advice on something they were too cheap to buy from him would be on the back burner if he's really busy. . .i mean he did have to place an order for an H2E kit for me today. :poke:

By the way, what's your beef w/Brian, did he do you wrong at some point?

BlindViper said:
Maybe he uses the cheap older outdated seals and knows they leak a lot.:sofa
And why are you always hiding when you fling your random statements?

If your joking, it's in bad taste and many here do not find humor in it. Making slanderous comments toward a quality vendor is not funny unless you are good friends and he posts on the site to counter your witty banter. If Brian has done you wrong, why don't you get it off your chest. He has many satisfied customers and has treated myself and everyone else that I have talked to extremely well. During my build they answered many of my questions even when i wasn't buying something from him.

·
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
trick76cj5 said:
could be some truth there. . .he runs a business, he stays busy and I'm sure it's hard to keep up with paying customers. . .so i'm sure someone whose just asking for advice on something they were too cheap to buy from him would be on the back burner if he's really busy. . .i mean he did have to place an order for an H2E kit for me today. :poke:

If your joking, it's in bad taste and many here do not find humor in it. Making slanderous comments toward a quality vendor is not funny unless you are good friends and he posts on the site to counter your witty banter. If Brian has done you wrong, why don't you get it off your chest. He has many satisfied customers and has treated myself and everyone else that I have talked to extremely well. During my build they answered many of my questions even when i wasn't buying something from him.

Dude.... all I am doing is just saying that it is tough to get ahold of them. They are busy guys.

Not too sure what you mean by "too cheap to buy from him" :shrug:

well thanks for the responses guys. I will be pulling it tomorrow...

thanks,
Steven

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
trick76cj5 said:

I was kinda wondering if your an ad man or something or just a blow hard? Your so busy blowing your horn you missed laysonw has bought a BTS and disrespected him and called him cheap.
If you knew so much you would know that you bought a BTS tranny with bts specified programming and converter if you got one in AR. If you change that, you may not have a warranty depending on how much damage you did, and Brian's discrection. You don't want to find that out the hard way. Your right he does run a business so,
If you pump gasoline in your tank, who would you expect to pay for any damage to a new diesel engine?
I see your point about Vipers post, but is your group and it's attitude the problem?
These childish walk on water BTS claims are low I. Q. I think the beef is the silly cheerleading without end. Brian doesn't make the claims at all. I'm sure he wouldn't want anyone insulting his customer who also claims to be a booster? Many also don't like the buy this $4K tranny answer either when they just want some help to fix a problem or answer to a ?. I will boldly say so.

The thread already has the buyer not being able to get some CS on his buy so I'll help a BTS customer very late at nite. I'd say he is worried about doing damage and he is 100% correct to be concerned. Throw the transcommand in the trash, just run the bts. It will bind your shifts if you add to much pressure. If nicky wants it give it to him. CSI gear 2 chief. It's one reason so many need transmissions, you add things not knowing what they do. The ad makes it sound super. The first thing you see a new member say is I'm getting "blank" a few months later it's I need a tranny. Make the connection. I hope it saves BTS and laysonw unneeded grief. I have explained it in detail to some, and been told you were right.

We have real how to transmission work online here. Not just talk about what you saw. The whole deal is disassembly, cleaning, subassembly rebuild, than reassembly. You saw reassembly of pre-rebuilt parts. Thats fine, glad you enjoyed it. Won't complain if someone asks for that in a post or wants to buy it. That's America.

Anytime you want to talk transmission internals or get some cuts on your own hands---GAME ON RIGHT HERE. NO RANDOM STATEMENT. Ask some others in your group. Viper built his own with my kit and phone help as much as he needed. He and I built it in the USA and it holds stage 3 injectors all day and does so because he did the setup exactly correct, and bought the whole package. And this was his first rebuild! That's much closer to walking on water, then Rah Rah Bubba. Make room or be Bulldozed your choice. I CAN is better than I saw something I don't even know the name of.
Good luck "belonging" laysonw and Sincere good luck with your buy:Thumbup:
-
-
-

·
home brew'n
30 Posts
Steven, Brian likes to adjust the shifts (line pressure) mechanically. If they are too soft, he can tell how much larger to drill the holes to adjust the shifts. I just my stage II injectors in and he sent me a whole new plate. I told what mods I have and he nailed the shifting.

Good luck on the tranny install. Mine was fairly easy.

·
190 Posts
Well there is some truth to him being hard to get a hold of whether you spend money or not. Why was I doing the couch thing? Because when ever the letters BTS are in a sentence. Its like a certain godlike shrine plus no one can take a joke more so when BTS name is involved.

·
Registered
300 Posts
RacerX said:
I was kinda wondering if your an ad man or something or just a blow hard? Your so busy blowing your horn you missed laysonw has bought a BTS and disrespected him and called him cheap.
If you knew so much you would know that you bought a BTS tranny with bts specified programming and converter if you got one in AR. If you change that, you may not have a warranty depending on how much damage you did, and Brian's discrection. You don't want to find that out the hard way. Your right he does run a business so,
If you pump gasoline in your tank, who would you expect to pay for any damage to a new diesel engine?
I see your point about Vipers post, but is your group and it's attitude the problem?
These childish walk on water BTS claims are low I. Q. I think the beef is the silly cheerleading without end. Brian doesn't make the claims at all. I'm sure he wouldn't want anyone insulting his customer who also claims to be a booster? Many also don't like the buy this $4K tranny answer either when they just want some help to fix a problem or answer to a ?. I will boldly say so.

The thread already has the buyer not being able to get some CS on his buy so I'll help a BTS customer very late at nite. I'd say he is worried about doing damage and he is 100% correct to be concerned. Throw the transcommand in the trash, just run the bts. It will bind your shifts if you add to much pressure. If nicky wants it give it to him. CSI gear 2 chief. It's one reason so many need transmissions, you add things not knowing what they do. The ad makes it sound super. The first thing you see a new member say is I'm getting "blank" a few months later it's I need a tranny. Make the connection. I hope it saves BTS and laysonw unneeded grief. I have explained it in detail to some, and been told you were right.

We have real how to transmission work online here. Not just talk about what you saw. The whole deal is disassembly, cleaning, subassembly rebuild, than reassembly. You saw reassembly of pre-rebuilt parts. Thats fine, glad you enjoyed it. Won't complain if someone asks for that in a post or wants to buy it. That's America.

Anytime you want to talk transmission internals or get some cuts on your own hands---GAME ON RIGHT HERE. NO RANDOM STATEMENT. Ask some others in your group. Viper built his own with my kit and phone help as much as he needed. He and I built it in the USA and it holds stage 3 injectors all day and does so because he did the setup exactly correct, and bought the whole package. And this was his first rebuild! That's much closer to walking on water, then Rah Rah Bubba. Make room or be Bulldozed your choice. I CAN is better than I saw something I don't even know the name of.
Good luck "belonging" laysonw and Sincere good luck with your buy:Thumbup:
-
-
-
I may bave been mis guided in my statement toward Layson regarding the cheap comment. .. I though he bought the tranny off of Clam a few months ago. Layson, i apologize for the comment, it wasn't really meant toward you.

Regarding my remarks toward blind viper. .. they still stand. Yes, there is other stuff out there that works just as well, and yes, i do a lot on my own, but the random comments toward any other vendor wouldn't stand, I don't see the point in blasting a vendor that has never done you wrong personally. I have no problem w/people promoting other paths, and i don't have a problem with that, competition is what makes our parts more affordable and is also what continues to raise the bar in the performance market and further benefits us. Tout your favorite vendor and I don't have a problem with it, make slanderous comments toward a vendor and it's just rude. .. make the same comments toward Bunting, Tipton, Bean etc, my stand would be the same. . .there is a trend in the forums that when BTS is mentioned Viper jumps in with his pointless comments. That was my point.

Racer X, yah, i had a BTS installed by Brian, and he did a reburn on my chip for his tranny. . .i know how this stuff works. I bought the BTS cause of the warranty and the customer service. I wanted the peace of mind to know it would hold up and if it didn't there would be someone to stand behind it. I'm just finishing the build of an engine that should put 500 to the tires, i know how to spin a wrench and I know how all this stuff works, but i didn't want to have my truck down in the middle of winter for a few weeks while i got all the stuff together to build the tranny on my own, Brian was the best solution. I'm glad you have these trannies figured out. Guys like you and Richter69 are great resources and extremly valuable members to the community. . .i just don't see the need to jump on the guy who chooses not to do it himself.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
trick76cj5 said:
I may bave been mis guided in my statement toward Layson regarding the cheap comment. .. I though he bought the tranny off of Clam a few months ago. Layson, i apologize for the comment, it wasn't really meant toward you.

Regarding my remarks toward blind viper. .. they still stand. Yes, there is other stuff out there that works just as well, and yes, i do a lot on my own, but the random comments toward any other vendor wouldn't stand, I don't see the point in blasting a vendor that has never done you wrong personally. I have no problem w/people promoting other paths, and i don't have a problem with that, competition is what makes our parts more affordable and is also what continues to raise the bar in the performance market and further benefits us. Tout your favorite vendor and I don't have a problem with it, make slanderous comments toward a vendor and it's just rude. .. make the same comments toward Bunting, Tipton, Bean etc, my stand would be the same. . .there is a trend in the forums that when BTS is mentioned Viper jumps in with his pointless comments. That was my point.

Racer X, yah, i had a BTS installed by Brian, and he did a reburn on my chip for his tranny. . .i know how this stuff works. I bought the BTS cause of the warranty and the customer service. I wanted the peace of mind to know it would hold up and if it didn't there would be someone to stand behind it. I'm just finishing the build of an engine that should put 500 to the tires, i know how to spin a wrench and I know how all this stuff works, but i didn't want to have my truck down in the middle of winter for a few weeks while i got all the stuff together to build the tranny on my own, Brian was the best solution. I'm glad you have these trannies figured out. Guys like you and Richter69 are great resources and extremly valuable members to the community. . .i just don't see the need to jump on the guy who chooses not to do it himself.
Just an attitude we all encounter from time to time. Some are quite nasty at times. True, I don't know of any others posts or problems between members and that factor.

The myths were put aside by the good advice of sagebel and yourself mentioning the reburn. It's a system. Your wise to follow it. You can break things by altering it unknowingly. No one could offer the warranty for long if many bought products that doubled what Brians work does. I'm glad the word was passed with more helpful info to the buyer to supplement mine. BTS nor the customer need the grief.

Appreciate your input.

We understand each other now. :)

Racer X HAS LEFT THE BUILDING AND WILL RETURN 8/21
_
_
_

·
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow...I can believe this created such a variety of responses....

Well I just had to ask the question....I didn't know so I wanted to ask. I figured it had to go but if it didn't need to be pulled out I would leave it...

We took it out and installed the tranny this morning.... so far everything is working great

1 - 15 of 15 Posts