The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know when the Job #1 build date is for the 2007's? i.e. Someone that works at Ford?:shrug:

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
The order bank opens 3/20/06 for the 2007 Super-Duty.
Job1 first day of production, is set for 5/15/06

That said, I am sure the 6.4L twin turbo WILL NOT BE GOING INTO THE 1st 07 production run.

Same as when the 2003 (Model year) production of the 6.0L didn't happen till dec/02-jan/03. We had 7.3's coming in thru Jan & Feb.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PSDPlayer said:
Job #1 used to be quality. It is now job #37. And the middle numbers of 2-36 is the TSBs to get it correct.
LMFAO :roflmao: LOL So true, So true

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
HARLEY6LF250SDU said:
The order bank opens 3/20/06 for the 2007 Super-Duty.
Job1 first day of production, is set for 5/15/06

That said, I am sure the 6.4L twin turbo WILL NOT BE GOING INTO THE 1st 07 production run.

Same as when the 2003 (Model year) production of the 6.0L didn't happen till dec/02-jan/03. We had 7.3's coming in thru Jan & Feb.

Randy
Fleet/Comm Truck Mngr
Denver 303 584-6623

Randy,

No disrespect here, but that just doesn't sound right. The reason I say that is because why would Ford open the order banks so early unless a big change was coming?

They openend the order banks early for the '99 SD in early '98. That was the year the body style completely changed, the 7.3L got a significant power bump, the trans changed to a 4R100, and the F-450/500 4x4's were introduced.

Don't you think the order banks opening early signal a BIG change, like the 6.4?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no disrespect duke, but i find it hard to not believe randy on this subject...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Like I have a clue about this but... If they are planning to take orders on 07's with a 6.4L in a couple of months, wouldn't they have showed one at NAIAS? All we got out of that show was the SuperChief and that wasn't very exciting. This is totally conjecture, but I'd think Ford would make a bigger deal out of a new body style and engine and would have shown it publicly in Detroit last week. :shrug:

Just feels like if orders and production are so close, we'd have seen more of the truck officially by now.

btw, been reading for months in anticipation of an early 6.4L order and this is my first post. Great forum, hope to contribute when I know what I'm talking about.

·
4,318 Posts
Welcome to the Garage TJ, and you have good points!

Right now, all we can do is speculate. Anything can happen! Its nice to talk about it... And its nice to learn we can order an 07 so soon. Its hard to talk about this since its all speculaation, but i think good news is coming soon!

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
n2deep said:
no disrespect duke, but i find it hard to not believe randy on this subject...

None taken!

Now someone needs to tell us why Ford is launching their '07 Superduty months earlier than they normally would.

Maybe it's a new hood ornament!LOL

·
Registered
102 Posts
Duke said:
None taken!

Now someone needs to tell us why Ford is launching their '07 Superduty months earlier than they normally would.

Well the 03 beta program worked so well that they're starting it earlier for the 07's. :roflmao: :roflmao:

What I am wondering, is in light of the 03 introduction issues, how many guinea pigs do we have out there that will be lining up to buy an 07?

If I were in the market for a new truck, I sure as heck would not be buying an 07!! I'd wait until at least the 08's, maybe even the 09's.

Anyway, for those that do buy an 07, good luck and I hope y'all get a good one!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
ill prolly trade the F550 in for a 07....for another 550 with the 6.4, manual,4x4,dump body and plow....should be sick as all heck :D

Dom

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Duke said:
Randy,

No disrespect here, but that just doesn't sound right. The reason I say that is because why would Ford open the order banks so early unless a big change was coming?

They openend the order banks early for the '99 SD in early '98. That was the year the body style completely changed, the 7.3L got a significant power bump, the trans changed to a 4R100, and the F-450/500 4x4's were introduced.

Don't you think the order banks opening early signal a BIG change, like the 6.4?
I am new to this site, BUT NOT NEW TO ORDERING FORD TRUCKS.

The 1st post asked what was JOB1 dates. (I gave what I have in writing.)

n2deep THANKS

The 2003 MY (model year) order bank opened in april/02 we had 2003 trucks on our lot by june/02 all with 7.3 diesels. Why do you think the 2007 MY is to earlly??? If JOB1 Build is 05/15/06, it takes 2-3 weeks from assembly line to dealer.

This is straight from my BPN REG. Mngr. Western US

CAR & TRUCK NOTES:
· All Dates are subject to change – All changes will be communicated via the Fleet DNB and Fleet.Ford.Com
· Selected vehicle lines and/or options may balance out earlier than reflected due to high Demand and/or commodity shortage.
Early 2006 Model Year Balance Out & Early 2007 Model Year Start-Up
Ford
VEHICLE LINE '06 MY Fleet
Final Order Receipt Date '06 MY F250-550 Super Duty (P131) 3/24/06 NEW!
'06 MY Job Last Date ( last day of production) 5/13/06
'07 MY Order Bank Open 3/20/06 NEW!
'07 MY Job #1 Date (first day of production)5/15/06

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Duke said:
None taken!

it doesnt necessarily mean trucks will start shipping to dealerships in may. i figured they wouldnt show up until some time around september-october? i could be very wrong though. if i remember correctly, dealers started taking orders for 06s around the same time(late march) this year, and they didnt show up on the lots until around august i believe...

·
I hate all day....
371 Posts
i have one of the first 6.0's it has a build date of 11/02 and my dad picked it up first of the year in 03.

so should we be able to get a 6.4 at the first of the year?

wildcat

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
HARLEY6LF250SDU said:
I am new to this site, BUT NOT NEW TO ORDERING FORD TRUCKS.

The 1st post asked what was JOB1 dates. (I gave what I have in writing.)

n2deep THANKS

The 2003 MY (model year) order bank opened in april/02 we had 2003 trucks on our lot by june/02 all with 7.3 diesels. Why do you think the 2007 MY is to earlly??? If JOB1 Build is 05/15/06, it takes 2-3 weeks from assembly line to dealer.

This is straight from my BPN REG. Mngr. Western US

CAR & TRUCK NOTES:
· All Dates are subject to change – All changes will be communicated via the Fleet DNB and Fleet.Ford.Com
· Selected vehicle lines and/or options may balance out earlier than reflected due to high Demand and/or commodity shortage.
Early 2006 Model Year Balance Out & Early 2007 Model Year Start-Up
Ford
VEHICLE LINE '06 MY Fleet
Final Order Receipt Date '06 MY F250-550 Super Duty (P131) 3/24/06 NEW!
'06 MY Job Last Date ( last day of production) 5/13/06
'07 MY Order Bank Open 3/20/06 NEW!
'07 MY Job #1 Date (first day of production)5/15/06
Sorry you're offended, Randy. I didn't intend to make it sound like you didn't know your stuff.

Apologies,

Duke

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
Let us remember one thing, ALL the "issues" with the 6.0L have been (and are) directly attributable to quality issues of parts from outside suppliers, and not of International (the engine designer/builder) or FoMoCo.

-EGR valves and coolers: outside suppliers messed up.
-Branch tubes: built improperly (not bent at 90*, but at something less, causing strain when installed)
-Injectors: coatings that were said to be good enough, were not.
-VGT turbos: were said to work properly, even on EGR engines, but stick.

There are also a LOT of techs that are not following the diagnostic procedures, and are replacing parts before ALL the required tests are done, so the repair is either incomplete or just wrong. Believe me, I see this ALL the time.

Caveat: The techs are getting paid very poorly for this warrenty work that they are doing for some very angry customers. From their PoV, no matter what they do it is wrong.

1) Fix truck first time, spend 3 hours doing a proper and full diagnostic. Truck is fixed, got paid for 1.2hr, and will now get EVERY job that takes 3.0 and pays 1.2. Work 40 hrs, get paid for 15. Would YOU do that?

2) Read codes, replace indicated parts and ship truck. Let Ford worry about angy custtomer. Work 1.5hrs, get paid for 1.2. Work 40 get paid for 32. They *might* be willing to do that, if the $$/hr is enough.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
John_G said:
Let us remember one thing, ALL the "issues" with the 6.0L have been (and are) directly attributable to quality issues of parts from outside suppliers, and not of International (the engine designer/builder) or FoMoCo.

-EGR valves and coolers: outside suppliers messed up.
-Branch tubes: built improperly (not bent at 90*, but at something less, causing strain when installed)
-Injectors: coatings that were said to be good enough, were not.
-VGT turbos: were said to work properly, even on EGR engines, but stick.
ETC.
John:bow: Well said:
I personally have owned a 1) Feb/2003 F250-6.0L, 2) 04 Harley F250, 3) 05 F350 Harley. With No issues.
I have sold Hundreds of 6.0L F-250-550 & 6.0L E-series vans. I have had Ford buy back 3 units, and about 10-12 pissed off 6.0L owners have left the fold. I have Sold a number of D-max owners Fords, after bad chebby experiances. And where to start with Dodge defectors. :poke: just my .02

·
1,870 Posts
I wouldn't give my 03 built 6.0 up for any other vehicle, and will have words for any man that tries to take it!:nunu: :nunu:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts