The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to build a totally custom tune only from datalogging info?
It seems like if you had a laptop and an SCT you could build an absolute perfect tune for your truck.
Would the datalogging would show exactly where to make changes in the tuning to get the best possible tune for your specific truck?
Could you datalog an entire 1/4 mile pass, then e mail the info to a tuner and have them build a tune from the info?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
The LiveLink software is actually the tool that dealers use to tune local cars/trucks. It's essential when dialing in a vehicle with major modifications (gas or diesel). You can definitely tweak a tune based off of datalogging information and customer feedback. On a stock truck w/ bolt on's, it's usually not necessary unless you are trying to nail down a problem with the truck itself. However, for trucks w/ larger injectors, turbo(s), etc. it's essential. Once a program is built on a truck, another truck with the same mods should respond pretty close to the same way. Therefore, if a dealer datalogs a local truck w/ a specific set of upgrades, the same type of changes can be made to another truck and it will respond similarly.

·
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,
I dont have any issues, I was just wondering outloud it a tune could be built just from datalogging info

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #44
522 Posts
I would think it would help on a heavily modded truck like Eric was saying. I've datalogged my truck a few times just for the fun of it but I wish you could tell what each injector was doing, boost, and other parameters were.

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
i downloaded live link today and how do i get it to do anything, i had everything plugged in and the live link open, but i didnt know what to do next? whats next?

·
like my new truck dad!
39 Posts
i've data logged also,.........and it cufused the hell out of me. really don't know what i was looking at.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts