The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TDG Mafia Member # 70
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the crappy banks 4" turbo back kit in feb. I'm not happy with it.

So tomorrow i am going to Keller Truck Parts to price out a dual 6" exhaust project that will put the tips out right in front of the rear wheels. I am using the 4" down pipe, then plan to step it up to 6".

It should be deeper sounding right? And now i will have exhaust noise on both sides of my truck.:evil:

any thoughts?

·
2,509 Posts
your rear wheels will probably be black all the time is the biggest problem, but I like the look That is wat I was thinking about doing but my ladder bars kinda screwed that because there in the way now.
lets see some pics when your done:Thumbup:

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
the only thing thatll get to ya is keeping your rear wheels clean

·
TDG Mafia Member # 70
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i went to the keller trucking shop today, priced it out., it should cost me roughly $289, for everything.

today i bought the reducer to go from 4" to 5". 6 inch is just too big, the 5 inch is huge. but i plan on buying the y pipe and coming across the body right behind the transfer case and as said earlier, dumping right in front of the rear wheels.

right now i have it just single 5" straight pipe. when i come home from ocean city, maybe this weekend, i am going to work on it some more. pictures will come.

·
TDG Singles Club #120
330 Posts
:nopics

very interested on how this will look?

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
yeah id go with 5" like u said, 6" is huge for side pipes, stacks on the other hand 6" is perfect he he.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts