The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Real trucks rattle
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy is building up a 12v and putting it in a 97 F350 auto. He's aiming for 550 to 650 hp (maybe alittle more in the future) and wants input on what he can do to get to this and keep it together. It is going to be more of a play truck so he doesnt plan on driving it everyday but it will be driven to truck pulls and just local driving. We have talked about twins but I dont know how hard that will be since it is a engine/truck swap but if it is possible that would be great since that usually means a more streetable truck. Any other input as far as injectors, pumps, turbos, gsk's, and anything else that we need to know would be well appreciated

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Twins would be nice, but if he wants to sled-pull that might not work to well.

For 600hp you'll need some large injectors (435's, DDP4, 5x.018, dragon flows, should be enough) 4k rpm or more, a fuel system that can keep at least 20psi to a bench flowed pump. A #0 fuel plate, modified AFC, 2095 plug should all be done by the pump modifier along with balanced flow.

A 66mm or larger compressor should provide enough air with any turbine wheel, but I suggest a 71 or 73mm. Other types of singles will also work. An HT3B, K31, or s400 should work, along with an aurora 5000, or some garret or turbonetics turbos.

Add plenty of timing and whatever you need to hold it together like valve springs, studs, o-rings, etc And bolt it to a stout trans

·
Registered
964 Posts
I've got some parts he may be interested in the dodge store!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts