The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, we are looking at buying a 94 to 98 12valve auto. Eventually we're going to do mods of course and be pulling a good sized horse trailer and boat with it. Not at the same time. Anyways, just wondering who makes a bulletproof automatic. :thanks:

·
aka Stroked X
268 Posts
i know DTT makes some good trannys.

Sukhi

·
Registered
161 Posts
www.gbtransmissions.com The website isnt the greatest, but his tranny's are awesome. Its best to call and talk to him. If you arent going to be competing with it any, and just driving it, you shouldnt need any billet shafts. His basic bulletproof tranny with no billet parts is $3200 with an unlimited years, 100k mile warranty. The triple disc converter that comes with it has a lifetime warranty. Unless you break a shaft, that tranny will hold anything you put to it.

Eric

·
348 Posts
Yes DTT does make a real good tranny.But so does NADP,Dave Goerend,BD,Suncoast,ECT I guess it all depends on what you want to spend $$and where you can get service for any problems.Most imporant do you feel confident with the MFG and the installer.
Instead of throwing out A loaded question like this do some research talk to the MFG and installers. Than come back and ask a more specific question about the ones you are thinking about using. And please no tranny wars.
Everyone has a opinion on a favorite tranny or shop. so check it out. Good luck if you would like links from us just ask.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Goerend

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, the only 12 valve I've owned was a 5spd. And the only automatic I've ever owned is the ford i have now. So names of MFG companies are a big step for me to look into. I know what trannys are good for fords, but I know nothing about dodge autos:shrug: we're not planning on doing any sled pulling with the truck. Just maybe a set of twins to pull the trailers at a pretty good pace.:smoke . :evil: Well, thanks for the info guys! This atleast gives me a starting point:Thumbup: :thanks:

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
Check the sig. and you will see my choice. I would feel fine with any of the big three though. DTT, Suncoast, or GB.

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do they have a website?:thanks:

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha, never mind, found it!:Thumbup:

·
348 Posts

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:thanks:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Goerends.....hands down

·
Registered
8 Posts
I see that your last question was almost a month ago... did you get the info you wanted? Also, the link in post #3 is incorrect now. Go to <http://www.goerend.com/> I didn't look around, but the old site just explained HOW they build them...... I, myself, just had one of their tranys put in, with a few "extras"... check my sig. I pull our little 26' 5ver, (6958 lbs, just weighed at a CAT scale 2 weeks ago) now, but we'll going larger in the future so will be adding seveal thousand pounds.....
Hope this helps....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Anyone heard of ATI. One of my buds was tellin me they sell a complete bulletproof tranny ready to bolt up to 1500ft/lb's. Around $3200.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts