The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I noticed today that my accelerator pedal quit at about half throttle, I thought about it and the only thing different from this mornings drive in to work was I cleared my saved peaks on my monitor and lowered my power level to 0. I figured the power level on the monitor shouldnt matter anyway with my chip, as I flipped the power back up on the outlook my pedal came back to full travel. I got to the house and looked in the Outlook booklet and to my surprise it only listed the power level on the fly function for the 6.0, always worked before with the Power Pup on my 2000 ( never used it anyway).

Any Bully Dog experts out there? I dont understand how it could change anything with out being used with a bully dog tuner, and what is it doing, didnt seem like it changed anything power wise but it takes a littlle pedal away with each 25% on the level.:shrug: :shrug:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I ran an outlook monitor for about a year, traded out 4 because of problems, and finally had them replace it with gauges. Now the gauges don't seem to work right. The EGT gauge I think is accurate but the boost gauge is not. In addition the gauge pod they sent was a POS. I was really impressed with the concept behind the Outlook Monitor and have been pleasantly surprised with Bully Dogs customer service but the whole experience has left me with a hole in my dash and questionable gauges. The only good thing I have to say about them is the customer service is great, I will be replacing the gauges with Autometers when I can. :shrug:

·
6,337 Posts
thetonka said:
I ran an outlook monitor for about a year, traded out 4 because of problems, and finally had them replace it with gauges. Now the gauges don't seem to work right. The EGT gauge I think is accurate but the boost gauge is not. In addition the gauge pod they sent was a POS. I was really impressed with the concept behind the Outlook Monitor and have been pleasantly surprised with Bully Dogs customer service but the whole experience has left me with a hole in my dash and questionable gauges. The only good thing I have to say about them is the customer service is great, I will be replacing the gauges with Autometers when I can. :shrug:
Come on man... Go Isspro and never do it again...

·
Registered
63 Posts
CSIPSD said:
Come on man... Go Isspro and never do it again...

Thats an option, and I do LOVE the look and performance of the ISSPRO gauges :Thumbup: . I actually have a spare BullyDog boost gauge(thats how good their customer support is they sent me a spare). I am going to try it and if it doesn't work I will replace sooner than later. The other problem with these gauges are they are 100psi gauges and I don't ever see myself using them. With that I figure the accuracy down in the lowly 0-25 psi range I am currently running at sucks.

BOT, IMHO stay away from Bully Dogs Outlook Monitor. :popcorn:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts