The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
IS FREE!!!!!
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother put a Bully Dog Outlook on his 05 6.0. it didnt work with his SuperChips programmer at all and made the truck run like crap. even with the programmer out of the truck the bully dog didnt work at all. is this just a bad unit or is this a reacuring problem that is had with these units?

·
281 Posts
I had one. Sent it back for a refund.

·
Texas XC Quad Racer
957 Posts
buddy has one in an 07 and it works pretty good.

·
Window Licker
781 Posts
Send it back to be replaced. As for the truck running bad, it won't effect how the truck runs cause it is simply just guages. It will not shift the Superchips on the fly either. It only shifts on the fly Bully Dog products. Did he have the Superchips on the truck before or did he put it on at thew same time as the guages?

·
IS FREE!!!!!
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hes had the superchips on since it had 400 miles on it. i havent talked to him recently but i think he took it back yesterday. and the wierd thing was that it worked but read totally wrong. it said he was pushing 317 PSI which is impossible.

·
IS FREE!!!!!
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im pretty sure he isnt looking to buy another one and just wants his replaced since it was a local buy. thanks though.

Nick

·
Window Licker
781 Posts
Okay I had the same thing happen to mine. You have to chose the Ford truck selection with tripple dog in order for it to read the boost right. I went thru the same thing when I put my SCT on and I chose Ford w/ other but I got no boost readings at all. Called Bully Dog on this and straight up they told me to do this. It will not affect anything else if you do this and it will give you the correct readings.

·
IS FREE!!!!!
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
isnt the triple dog there programmer?? cuz he had it mated to a superchips programmer. but i havent been able to talk to him that much lately as he is out of town with both of his trucks. him and my dad went to IL for meeting and he decided to break in his new engine in his 92. ill get back to you big blue if that is what he had to do or if he has handled it yet.

·
Window Licker
781 Posts
Yep the Tripple Dog is theirs. But it worked. Don't know how but everything started reading right when I did it. I had no concerns at all after doing that other than my trans always breaking.:sly:

·
IS FREE!!!!!
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
see he wont buy their programmer cuz in his opinion it aint worth it cuz he would be loosing 50HP. so im not sure as to what he has done yet. and i see you happen to be selling a sct. what the heck is that? since i dont have a comp in my truck i dont know too much about this fancy stuff.

·
Window Licker
781 Posts
It is a programmer for the 6.0L. It is in my opinion one of the best tuners that I have had. I did have the Tripple Dog and it was great. Then went to the SCT and it was a different world. The tunes are taliored to your needs and it takes full control of the trans. I don't have the truck anymore so I don't need it.

·
FOKISD
12 Posts
There was a problem with certain bully dog monitors on 05-up trucks. You cannot use the bully dog monitor model that plugs int the map sensor on the 05-up trucks. The PCM on the 05-up truck cannot supply the additional power to run the monitor. It causes a low voltage problem on the +5 volt referance voltage that most of the sensors use on the truck. Results - truck runs like crap, causing many false sensor codes. Bully dog makes a harness that plugs into the OBD2 port, plus your pyro connections, and has a transformer that you hook up to a 12v switched power source.

·
IS FREE!!!!!
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmm ill have to pass that info along to him, cuz im pretty sure he doesnt know that. thanks a bunch whotnow.

·
342 Posts
To correct the previous misinformation. The OBDII harness is for 2006 trucks only (Cummins & Duramax). Effective with model year 2006 the Cummins no longer has a data port. The MAP voltage issue was due to a problem with the trans/engine/abs innerface. Dodge has a TSB for these, I believe the number is 42. The OBDII connector cable works for all the 99-07 Fords. This happens whenever a off brand shows up on the site. :)

·
IS FREE!!!!!
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
he told me this weekend that they sent it in to have it reprogrammed for his truck so ill see how it turns out later when he gets it back.

·
FOKISD
12 Posts
Lariat Trucker said:
To correct the previous misinformation. The OBDII harness is for 2006 trucks only (Cummins & Duramax). Effective with model year 2006 the Cummins no longer has a data port. The MAP voltage issue was due to a problem with the trans/engine/abs innerface. Dodge has a TSB for these, I believe the number is 42. The OBDII connector cable works for all the 99-07 Fords. This happens whenever a off brand shows up on the site. :)
How was I mis-informing anyone? His first signature says his brother has a 6.0 FORD. This was posted in a FORD forum. Who said anything about Cummins & Duramax? Why would we be worried about an issue for another brand when we were only talking about a Ford 6.0 truck in the first place for a Ford specific product model?

In Short:
The OBD2 only ford version will work on the 99-07 ford 7.3 and 6.0, but the map sensor version will only work on 99-04 trucks.

I want to add another twist. The older version for the 99-04 Will controll the auto backdown features for most programmers/chips as it manipulates the map sensor reading to the PCM to control fueling.

·
342 Posts
MAP Sensor Version????

Outlook has 3 versions for the Ford

40173 for 7.3L 99-03 (stand alone) or may be used with a power pup or module
41300 for 6.0L 03-06 (stand alone) or maybe used with a power pup or module
40963 for Modules only. (GM or Ford)
40166 for 6.0L Triple Dog only

·
342 Posts
MAP Sensor Version????

Outlook has 3 versions for the Ford

40173 for 7.3L 99-03 (stand alone) or may be used with a power pup or module
41300 for 6.0L 03-06 (stand alone) or maybe used with a power pup or module
40963 for Modules only. (GM or Ford)
40166 for 6.0L Triple Dog only

·
IS FREE!!!!!
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
all i know that it is just the outlook part and im not sure about anything else. ill talk to him later tonight and see if he has registerd on here yet. and if he has ill poinnt him ur way LT

1 - 20 of 21 Posts