The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
:Thumbup: I installed one in my buddies 03 6.0 with the outlook monitor and it worked out great for him, except he was having trouble with the e.g.t. reading extremely high, even in the stock h.p. mode. We called Bully dog and they had him send the outlook back to them to get updated but that did not seem to make a change. Other than that you should be very happy with it :usflag

·
499 Posts
I Started With The Superchip And Then Went To The Bully Dog And Then The Sct. I Dont Drag Race I Just Pull Sleds. The Best One For Me Was The Sct Then The Superchips And Then Bullydog. Same Track Same Night I Ran The Sct And Pulled 298ft The Superchip I Pulled 287ft And The Bully Dog I Pulled 271ft, So From My Experience I Would Not Waste My Time With Bully Dog If You Are Going To Pull With It Get The Sct.

·
342 Posts
Skter97, it looks like you have gone way deep into the engine mods and I would have recommended that you go with SCT. When you go that deep into engine mods an out of the box downloader will not work as well as a custom program. That's not a fair measurement of how an off the shelf product would perform.

·
6,337 Posts
GOFASORGOBROK said:
I run the Triple Dog w/ outlook on my 03 and I love it. It seem to be the most user friendly for the everyday person.

Try an SCT Xcal 2 and you will wounder why you stuck with the bully pup... :damnit :Thumbup: LOL

Xcal has data loging, code reading and clearing, you can have as many tunes as you want stored on your computer and then upload them to the tuner, has MUCH better tranny controls, and a better network of vendors and tuners...

·
342 Posts
CSIPSD has personal issues with anything other than what he runs. Just take it for what it's worth....WINK/WINK

·
6,337 Posts
Lariat Trucker said:
CSIPSD has personal issues with anything other than what he runs. Just take it for what it's worth....WINK/WINK
Nope... I don't run a SCT Xcal 2... But I have seen them beat bully puppy time and time again in EVERY comparison, Power, Torque, MPG, Tuneablity, User options:damnit ....

But when my wife gets her truck I know what will NOT go in it:Thumbup: ...

But YOU sell Bully puppy and only pimp them in any post you make... I have no issue with that IF you were a paying sponser...

·
342 Posts
And that comment is worth exactly nothing. If a question is presented about a product we sell, I will provide the answer that is requested. I don't solict sales and do not sell the product but do refer potential customers to site sponsors. If the site does not wish to have answers available from the source, then I can and will remove this site from the my monitor list.

·
0 Posts
Nobody has complained to me or any of the mods about LT pimping product without being a supporting vendor. In fact...I wasn't even aware that he carried the product until Joe mentioned something.

There are no links in signatures...and again no complaints. No rules have been broken at least as far as I am concerned.

And...this site is all about information...good usable information. We welcome anybody that is able to bring that to the site without breaking any rules.

And...getting this back on track...when my truck was stock with gauges only, I bought a SCMT tri-tune. It absolutely rocked. It did exactly what I wanted. I would imagine that for somebody in that boat...the bullydog would do the same. When you start modding things...its better to get a custom burned program.

Thanks
Dave

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
i personally have no experience w/ the triple dog, but I did however run a power pup for the first 2 years that I had my truck. It worked great and never had the first problem w/ it. It was a great product but now that I am planning on going furter I had to get a custom SCT tune. As far as user friendly, my power pup was 100x easier to use than the SCT 1 that I am currently running also.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts