The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad has a triple dog and I was wanting to install it on my truck as well as his. The dealer that installed it on my dad's truck said that you could do it but would not tell us how. I need to know how it is done. Thanks Dane Conant

·
754 Posts
I would be real interested to know how to do it if it in fact can be done. They are supposed to VIN lock once you use it so that you can't use on more than one vehicle.

·
WANNA SMOKE!!!
169 Posts
If its still on your dads truck, and then try to install it on yours, you will put your truck in "Lock Down" mode. TRUST ME ive done it twice and the only way to get it out is to contact BullyDogs Tech guys (Idiots) and they will have to do a recovery process on it. Your basically putting another trucks info onto yours and it dont work. If you wanna put it onto yours, return it to stock on his. Plug it back in and when the main menu pulls up, push the right arrow and if it says opt unloaded or onloaded or something like that then your good to go. Other than that, it will put it in lock down mode and you wont be able to start the truck. DONT DO IT

·
Its Cute Aint it!!
684 Posts
Well i have seen this done and it can only be done with tri dogs with certain serial num. But once you put it on say two trucks goood luck if you ever have to take it off. But tri to put it on and if it goes lock down then go buy you one and want have to worry bout it.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
if hes gonna buy it he might as well opt for the smarty! lol

·
WANNA SMOKE!!!
169 Posts
I wouldnt ever do it again after what i and a buddy went through. Its stupid and sucks when your fuel pump surges and then your engine dont start afterwards. If you do come up with problems, call Bullydog Tech (Idiots) and let them walk you through it. One time i called and they said i would have to send my programmer and let them "have a look" and the next time i called the guy fixed it over the phone. Everytime you talk to them, someone has or knows little or more than the next guy. If you end up having to call them and hear something you dont wanna hear, call back again and i guarantee you will hear something different. They have two offices, one in Texas and one in Iowa, Ive had way better luck with guys in Texas (No Offense Iowa fellas but...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts