The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one got any blue prints or plans or dimensions for a road armor style winch bumper? i cant justify 3k for a bumper. any ideas are greatly appreciated

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I've seen alot of the homemade stuff that sounds like a good idea until you see the end result. Good luck anyways.

·
3,514 Posts
The road armor bumpers seem a little more difficult to duplicate. I've been coming up with some general ideas to mimic a Buckstop bumper myself. It seems pretty easy and straight forward. Not a lot of compound angles. I may get to it this spring but we'll see.
Here's a link to their site if you aren't already familiar with them.
http://www.buckstop.biz/dodge02_classic.html
Sean

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
The price on those buckstops look pretty decent though I still cant justify one until further down the road, so I may as well look into having somone make me one. This said though, I consulted with a friend whos planning on doing up his own custom bumper for his 2nd gen Ram, said that with the cost of materials being so high, basically its almost worth it to just buy one-

Unless you can do it yourself or have somone who can do quality labor for low prices. IIRC my buddy said it would probably be around $6-700 in materials alone for the do it yourselfer.

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
double post, my bad.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the fab part is no problem for me i was just hoping i didnt have to take off the stock bumper while i mock and build my b/a bumper oh well i'll do it the old fashion way thanks any way and a little hint to cut material cost is to use a section of a reach tube from a long log trailer it's nice beefy rect. tube

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Phily 911 said:
I've seen alot of the homemade stuff that sounds like a good idea until you see the end result. Good luck anyways.

Better than paying 3 grand and having the bumper fall off when you try to winch with it :poke:

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
I dont need a winch bumper but I do need a good DEER STRAINER...LOL

But $3K for a good DEER STRAINER is a bit much in my book...

I plan on trying to build a good bumper here this coming year. I'm going to check out a buddies design first. :sly:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts