The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What you all think my truck would look like with black chrome front and rear bumpers? I got the tip just wanting to get rid of as much chrome as possible. Open to any suggestions on other bumpers to look into. Just like to hear other opinions:happymugs

·
131 Posts
I think it would look good give it a shot!!!

Reactions: SOOTBANDIT

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Save up a few more pennies might just do it but i think it would look good with a set of road armor but those are not cheap. I can get them black chromed for just a little over a grand.

·
643 Posts
My best friend has the exact same truck as mine and same color also.. I have the black grill with chrome bumpers and he has the black grill with the stock black bumpers and I got to say it looks twice good with black bumpers and I`m even thinking about getting some straight from Dodge. I`m not a chrome lover I`m more into those ``blackout`` kits!!! and they look very mean on your truck`s color and mine . Go for it :thumbsup And if you do....I really want to see some pictures please....

I have too much chrome to clean at work on the western stars so when I`m home I don`t want to see any !!!!!:bang:

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts
Road Armor?.....please tell me you are joking.

You have heard about all the problem with them haven't you?

There are other options out there.

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whats wrong with road armor? I just saw an add in a mag and like the way they look. What are some other options?

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got to say it looks twice good with black bumpers and I`m even thinking about getting some straight from Dodge.
You can get factory black chrome bumpers or are they the flat black color

·
KEE KEE WHOO!
1,453 Posts
oooo theres ummm something floating around. haha BLACK OPS of course. GET IN LINE!

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts
Whats wrong with road armor? I just saw an add in a mag and like the way they look. What are some other options?
Do a search on Road Armor,...you'll find a lot of people having issues getting their bumper,...like they pay for them,...but don't get them for 8 months.

There are a few good bumper companies out there,...ya just gotta look....

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the heads up all look into some other you recomend any?

·
Official blowy uppy guy.
1,546 Posts
He did... He makes these bumpers.

Road Armor?.....please tell me you are joking.

You have heard about all the problem with them haven't you?

There are other options out there.

·
643 Posts
You can get factory black chrome bumpers or are they the flat black color
They`re flat black...same color as the black grill you get if you buy a ST version but I did`nt know you were talking about ``monster bumpers`` ?

Sorry, I`m not a fan of those first most of them are over 200lbs and you have to get a lift kit and big tires in order to get a nice look...not my branch, my truck is a puller I need to keep low.

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well i was debating my tip i have is black chrome and i was just wondering what the factory bumpers would look like with that finish on them? I know what you mean they are really heavy duty bumpers i like my ride height with just the 2in leveling kit although it rides alot rougher now that the only downfall

·
643 Posts
Oh ya??? the leveling kit makes a big difference? I bought the front leveling kit in september 2007....and it is not installed yet . :( I might think about it twice before I get it installed then?

·
643 Posts
I really think if it is possible to get that type of finish on your factory bumpers it would be very good looking and different from others :thumbsup

Reactions: SOOTBANDIT

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like the way it sits of course but the ride quaility stinks. Eazy hated his with his 20's what he was telling me lol but its not bad just dont hit big bumps lol

·
643 Posts
Big bumps? almost impossible to avoid uphere....our roads are GARBAGE !!!

Thanks, I`ll think about twice !!!

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:haha:haha i know what ya mean Wyoming is not any better

·
643 Posts
If you do get your stock bumpers cover, remove and keep your stock chrome bumpers and buy the stock flat black bumpers and get these cover. That way if it does`nt come out the way you like go back to your stock chrome bumpers. The flat black bumpers are probably half the price anyway.

·
643 Posts
Well i was debating my tip i have is black chrome and i was just wondering what the factory bumpers would look like with that finish on them? I know what you mean they are really heavy duty bumpers i like my ride height with just the 2in leveling kit although it rides alot rougher now that the only downfall

What is your color? how it `s call? I don`t think we have that color code available uphere...never saw any.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts