The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a county in Colorado that is strict on emissions. Because of this I keep going back and forth about getting a DPF/ Cat Delete. I realize I would have to switch it back for an emissions test.:bang

Has anyone been busted on the street for using the delete?

·
606 Posts
So far on all the boards I have read, no one has been busted yet. The common thought is a fix it ticket.

·
Gettin By
73 Posts
MAKN, what county are you in?

·
568 Posts
I dont know but for the past 10 yrs, this is the first vehicle that's had the emissions crap left alone for now...

·
Powered By Ford
2,438 Posts
worst any cop would ever do to you is give you a loud exhaust fix it ticket. thats it..you won't get **** for emissions, only people who might have to worry would be in cali, but even in NY, which is cali's ugly stepsister they don't care.

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
yeah i have seen plenty of trucks smoke out cops in colorado, with no pull overs so i would say your good, and if you do, it will probably be an excessive smoke ticket, thats about it,

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
most cops don't know much about diesels and what they should have and shouldn't the only ones that do are usually highway patrol and only a few of them are. If you get pulled over buy a DOT cop then you might have some problems

·
116 Posts
I just blame it on the weather, "Sir, its hot out, all diesel smoke when its hot out" Sir, its cold out, all diesels smoke when its cold":happydance

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
most cops don't know much about diesels and what they should have and shouldn't the only ones that do are usually highway patrol and only a few of them are. If you get pulled over buy a DOT cop then you might have some problems
Agreed but even then i think you would really have to make a cop mad:coal to make him dip your tank or check your dpf ect.

·
Dont Know
64 Posts
I drive through Denver every day and have never got stopped or even had a second look from the police.

·
163 Posts
also depends on the tune you run. My 275 smokes pretty decent on take off but cleans up after a few pounds of boost are built, but that's also because of the way I drive. I will say that I noticed less smoke on the same tune in the northern cooler climes.

·
990 Posts
also depends on the tune you run. My 275 smokes pretty decent on take off but cleans up after a few pounds of boost are built, but that's also because of the way I drive. I will say that I noticed less smoke on the same tune in the northern cooler climes.
i run the 275 too... and it definitely smokes more when the temperatures outside go up... right now its in the high 80's here and she smokes like a freight train:haha

·
TwinStacks
184 Posts
I got pulled over by a blacked out silverado 1500 that I made dissapear in my rearview with smoke for riding my but...turns out to be a DOT cop undercover. When he walks to my window he says congrats you have been stopped by one on two new roadside emissions testers in Anne Arundel County:bang when he walked to the truck to get his gear I turned the chip to stock and when asked about the smoke I said there had to be a load on the engine so I recieved a warning for spinning tires:thumbsup

PS: They tell you not to turn the truck off, so if you have a programmer your SOL

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
yeah very true about the programmer. I can drive almost smoke free but if you get into a bind its hard not to smoke, i usually try to drive on the turbo's so even if i have to juice it a little the smoke isnt much more than a stock dodge :thumbsup

·
BCJAG72
139 Posts
I got pulled over by a blacked out silverado 1500 that I made dissapear in my rearview with smoke for riding my but...turns out to be a DOT cop undercover. When he walks to my window he says congrats you have been stopped by one on two new roadside emissions testers in Anne Arundel County:bang when he walked to the truck to get his gear I turned the chip to stock and when asked about the smoke I said there had to be a load on the engine so I recieved a warning for spinning tires:thumbsup

PS: They tell you not to turn the truck off, so if you have a programmer your SOL
So this cop pulled you over for too much smoke but decided not to see if you had cats on the truck? Or was it because you were spinnig tires and driving aggressive? This is the first I have heard of police in our area pulling pickups over for emmission tests. I thought we didn't have to go through emmissions here in Maryland.

·
10 Posts
Here is my one post

·
10 Posts
way to contribute, clown.
Thanks for the welcome! I just didn't have any thing to contribute at this time, but I wanted to be able to read this forum. I'm assuming everyone on this forum is not going to start calling me names just because I have a low count.

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
Thanks for the welcome! I just didn't have any thing to contribute at this time, but I wanted to be able to read this forum. I'm assuming everyone on this forum is not going to start calling me names just because I have a low count.
no they will not. I guarantee it.

Welcome to TDG.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts