The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here it goes...i'm trading in my 05 dodge dually 5.9 for a...

2003 Chevrolet 2500HD LT 2WD EXT. cab long bed duramax..
what should i be aware of and what should i do to it

intake? Best?
Chip? Best?
Exhaust? Best?
Transmission? not an allison transmission in it.
anything else?

thanks

·
Nasty Girl
580 Posts
First off what does it have for a trans?

·
resident mason
343 Posts
The tranny can't be anything other than the stick shift can it. NastyGirl- You got the big power :coal, what are you're takes on the others (chip, intake, exhaust etc.)?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Guess its a zf-6 truck. You'll want a solid flywheel and dual disc clutch from South Bend. The stock dual mass flywheel can be a problem, from what I hear.

Not knowing what state you are in in check to see if it is a fed or Cali emission trucks(egr and cat).

Intake - stock is good up to 500hp from the general consensus, you could plug the resonator and "swiss cheese" the stock airbox (Kennedy airbox mod).

Exhaust - Just straight pipe the stock one if you are doing it on the cheap. or any 4" should do, 5" is not needed until about 550hp.

Chip - Canned tuner PPE......custom tuning EFI Live......and the normal boost and pyro gauges, fuel psi won't work on a stock Dmax you need a lift pump as the cp3 draws fuel from the tank.

NastyGirl is more experienced than I....he should be able to steer you in the right direction...

·
Nasty Girl
580 Posts
The tranny can't be anything other than the stick shift can it. NastyGirl- You got the big power :coal, what are you're takes on the others (chip, intake, exhaust etc.)?
There are conversion kits to use Dodge trans now from Suncoast thats why I asked. ;)

I am out of the "norm" for tuning but at any level I still feel EFI live is the best overall. :thumbsup

As far as intake I have twins and my exhaust is all custom from turbo back so it's a matter of preference. I used to run AFE intake and Silverline exhaust way back when. :D

·
Nasty Girl
580 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
all i can tell you as of now is an automatic that isn't an allison
whatever came stock out of the factory

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
all i can tell you as of now is an automatic that isn't an allison
whatever came stock out of the factory
UMM... Wouldnt that make it an allison?:hump:hump

and why are you trading in your dodge? arent you a "5 star dodge dealer" ????

im confused:fan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts