The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the chance to buy a 1997 F350 PSD w/60,000 orginal on it, what is the fair price range for such an animal. I have a 94 F350 gasjob and want to trade up to diesel and join the clud. any help on price range and any major problems i should be aware of. any help would be great. thanks

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
2 or 4 or 6 wheeldrive? auto or stick single cab club extendid give us some info on it we cant read your mind. thats next monthLOL LOL

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
i would say 12-17000 but i have seen em go for more that truck is almost new so get it if you can 97 is the last of a good body stiyle

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks camojeeper, i did grab the truck for under 11000, the guy treated like a car and garaged the truck. now i need info from all the diesel heads on tweaking the engine, any thoughts would be great thanks for the feedback

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey, ajordan193 thanks this truck just dropped into my lap, been looking for a newer truck for a while now, the truck is super clean still can't believe I got it. As soon as i figure out how to post a picture on the site, I will snap a digital photograph and send it. looking forward to tweaking the motor. I have alot to learn about the 7.3 psd, but everone on this site has been cool and helpful. I going to ask all the diesel heads on the best chip to use, superchip or dp tuner and what the differances are between the two. thanks again.

·
9 Posts
FCPWRSTROKER said:
hey, ajordan193 thanks this truck just dropped into my lap, been looking for a newer truck for a while now, the truck is super clean still can't believe I got it. As soon as i figure out how to post a picture on the site, I will snap a digital photograph and send it. looking forward to tweaking the motor. I have alot to learn about the 7.3 psd, but everone on this site has been cool and helpful. I going to ask all the diesel heads on the best chip to use, superchip or dp tuner and what the differances are between the two. thanks again.
Congrats on the truck, i've always loved this body style since i was a little kid and wish mine wasn't rusting. I have a 97 F250HD Reg cab 4x4 7.3 with 119k, i purchased it as a work truck since i own a landscape and plowing company and this truck kicks ***. I have upgraded everything on the truck including F350 suspension and axles. I also added a superchips programmer and its ok but i would go with something different if it was my personal truck. I'm not a fan of the hard shifts i get from this programmer so i'm sure others will guide you on the right track. Good luck with the truck

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
FCPWRSTROKER said:
thanks camojeeper, i did grab the truck for under 11000, the guy treated like a car and garaged the truck. now i need info from all the diesel heads on tweaking the engine, any thoughts would be great thanks for the feedback
great i'll give ya11001.00 delivered to california LOL LOL
no really try and get and oasis report just post up your vin
here http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97 then in a day or two usually you will find out build date date first sold where sold from any warrenty work that has been performed etc . look here http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27195 personaly i recomend dptuner for power. and www.mkopower.com for exhaust get some gauges boost, trans temp, egt. then if you still have .02 left over we can talk about more good luck with your new/old truck
steve

·
588 Posts
that is a steal that you got! beef up the tranny and get a chip, exhaust, and intake, in that order would be pretty good.

·
TDG Mafia #76
2,542 Posts
camojeeper said:
great i'll give ya11001.00 delivered to california LOL LOL
no really try and get and oasis report just post up your vin
here http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=97 then in a day or two usually you will find out build date date first sold where sold from any warrenty work that has been performed etc . look here http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27195 personaly i recomend dptuner for power. and www.mkopower.com for exhaust get some gauges boost, trans temp, egt. then if you still have .02 left over we can talk about more good luck with your new/old truck
steve
I think Corey or someone posted that they couldn't get an OASIS report on the OBS trucks, just the Super Duties. I think it was something about more than 10 years old and Ford didn't have to keep the info...

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
i keep forgetimg is 08 sorry

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey, Ajordan what don't you like about the superchip, what kind of performance did you get from the superchip and what other mod's have you done to your truck. I have been asking around and looking at differant sitesfor info on chips, pipe, intakes ect. any thoughts or comments sen me a reply thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey, mr. Speedemon, if you are still on what kind of chip did you run in your rig. any thoughts ring me back, thanks

·
Smokin'
430 Posts
I'd beef up the tranny... put a D66 turbo, hybrid injectors, some studs and custom programming and call it a day.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a 96 obs and didn't see hardly any difference when I put a superchips tuner on my truck when it was bone stock. I borrowed the tune and ran it for two weeks and am really glad I never bought one. Go with DP. Everyone loves them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Cant beat the look of the obs either. Its definitely my favorite.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts