The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im considering buying 6.0... what should i know before buying one pros an cons??? whats alot of miles for these trucks how long do they last?

Also-i found a 2007 f-250 4x4 ext cab long bed with the crome package i believe its called... its the one with the differnt grill and chrome tow hooks and mirror covers... anyway its got 5,800 miles and they want 36K is that a good price?

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
Sounds ok in price. Get the VIN and get an oasis Report. These engines should last along time if takin care of. If you want power for towing then get the exhaust and a tow tune. If you want reliable driving with no concern about how much power you have then just get the better exhaust and have fun with the truck it will last along time. My 07 has had no problems at all. My 06 has had a few tranny problems but nothing with the engine and I have the exhaust, Banks six-gun, and K&N air filter and that thing flat out moves. Your fuel mileage with 3.73 should be around 18 on the highway if oyu keep your foot out of the intake. If you tow I would get an EGT gauge, always helps keep you out of trouble. Good luck.

Jason

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
what do you plan on doing with the truck..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts