The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SES light came on and pulled a PO308. Last time this happened, I changed the CPS and the problem went away. It's been so long now that I don't recall which brand and part number I ordered. So all my research pointed to the BW CSS1603 being a decent upgrade. I read about the intermittent wipers affecting the engine when running this. I tried the wipers and no problem. I headed out to get my smog now that the SES light was out. Out about three miles with the new CPS, the engine started to hiccup. I backed off the go pedal and made it to the smog shop all the while hoping the SES light would not come on. Well, I passed the inspection now I ordered up the Delphi HTS101. I might put my old CPS back on until the Delphi comes in. If that turns out to be crap, I'll try the IH 1876736c91. The thing that kills me is all the years of a known problem and nobody can come up with a reliable fix? I'll see if O'Reilly's will give me a refund.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My SES light came on and pulled a PO308. Last time this happened, I changed the CPS and the problem went away. It's been so long now that I don't recall which brand and part number I ordered. So all my research pointed to the BW CSS1603 being a decent upgrade. I read about the intermittent wipers affecting the engine when running this. I tried the wipers and no problem. I headed out to get my smog now that the SES light was out. Out about three miles with the new CPS, the engine started to hiccup. I backed off the go pedal and made it to the smog shop all the while hoping the SES light would not come on. Well, I passed the inspection now I ordered up the Delphi HTS101. I might put my old CPS back on until the Delphi comes in. If that turns out to be crap, I'll try the IH 1876736c91. The thing that kills me is all the years of a known problem and nobody can come up with a reliable fix? I'll see if O'Reilly's will give me a refund.
I would skip buying the Delphi and go straight to getting the IH 1876736c91. It is the best one available currently, in my opinion. I keep the gray Ford one in the glove box as a backup though.

·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for note. I already ordered the delphi. I'll call up the local IH dealer in the morning to price out the 1876736C91. If they have it in stock I'll use that and keep the Delphi in the glove box.
I'll see if I can get a refund on the BW from O'Reilly's. If not that was a wasted $28. Hope someone else learns from my mistake.

BTW. I love my DP Tuner! I set the tuner to stock when I went for my smog hoping the dude would not call me out on it. I figured the OBD would read the stock setting.

·
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I picked up the 1876736C91 (dark gray/blue w purple o-ring)from the International Dealer today, $37. It's made in Mexico.
I also received my Delphi HTS101 today (light gray w purple o-ring). I see the Delphi actually has a part number on the CPS, 18767335C91. Label on box says made in the USA.
So, I'll install the IH and keep the Delphi in the glove. I think I'll keep the one that's in the engine now in the glove just in case. It throws a SES PO308, but the engine sounds and feels fine. I just want the SES light off.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks for note. I already ordered the delphi. I'll call up the local IH dealer in the morning to price out the 1876736C91. If they have it in stock I'll use that and keep the Delphi in the glove box.
I'll see if I can get a refund on the BW from O'Reilly's. If not that was a wasted $28. Hope someone else learns from my mistake.

BTW. I love my DP Tuner! I set the tuner to stock when I went for my smog hoping the dude would not call me out on it. I figured the OBD would read the stock setting.
O'Reilly should give you a refund since the sensor has warranty.

Glad you like the chip! The OBDII reader won't be able to read any of the tunes on the chip, but it is better to put it in the stock setting when getting smogged.

I picked up the 1876736C91 (dark gray/blue w purple o-ring)from the International Dealer today, $37. It's made in Mexico.
I also received my Delphi HTS101 today (light gray w purple o-ring). I see the Delphi actually has a part number on the CPS, 18767335C91. Label on box says made in the USA.
So, I'll install the IH and keep the Delphi in the glove. I think I'll keep the one that's in the engine now in the glove just in case. It throws a SES PO308, but the engine sounds and feels fine. I just want the SES light off.
Let me know how the 1876736C91 works out. From my experience, it is the best one available today.

Clear the code once you install the new CPS and see if it comes back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts